• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Which would you buy????

Which one would you buy?????

• Total voters

Mork

Nov 21, 2006
Nfld, Canada
I am buying a new base radio and have it down to the following two:

Galaxy DX2547
Texas Ranger 696FSSB

Which one would you buy??

I am leaning toward the Galaxy.

Opinions????

Mork said:
I am buying a new base radio and have it down to the following two:

Galaxy DX2547
Texas Ranger 696FSSB

Which one would you buy??

I am leaning toward the Galaxy.

Opinions????

The Galaxy DX2547.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: A long time ago i had to make the same decision when i was new to the whole radio thing. And i went with the galaxy. I made a lot of modifications to it. It transmits great. You will really like it.

Go with the Ranger, I had one and it was awsome,very easy to mod and great SSB radio. I sold it and regret it alot. I am thinking of getting another but Have a IC-7000 that does it all.

Roger

I'd go with the 2547.It has the RF power control on the front of the radio.Much easier to adjust to an amp than having to go inside the radio to do it.

same radios inside with a few differing options. the smaller footprint of the galaxy is better imho, weather is nice if you want to mod it to recieve somthing else.

nope, the boards are still produced in the same place on these radios.

same as the dx 959, dx 949, dx 939 (if i read right without the ssb section) some of the other galaxy dx cb radios, texas ranger 696f base, 696f mobile, 696fd1, 699wx base, 699 mobile and the 3xx series radios i believe.

this is directly from the ranger faq webpage. this should clear things up a bit as to who really makes your radios (most)

Do you service Galaxy, RG-99, etc. radios?

We receive calls regarding other radios including the Galaxy, Galaxy DX, RG-XX line, General, and Connex for parts and service. To help unravel any confusion: yes, Ranger manufactures the radios for these companies, but under a strict private label agreement, often times at a different factory. However, under that agreement, we (RCI - Ranger USA) do not sell, warranty, service or handle parts, for those products and are not affiliated with them in any other way. The respective companies maintain and service their own products.

Neither

I 2ed the idea of using Icom IC-7000
for it does all easily
killer audio
way more frequency's

besides is not that expensive :naughty :mrgreen: :watusay

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    AKA- UDX122
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.