• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Which Would You Choose?

OK; just checked out the Service Manual for the 'President George'. Looks interesting. Never seen or heard that one before. But I suspect that since BOTH of those radios are ultimately made by Uniden (IIRC) they should both be formidable.

I would use one as a base; the other as a mobile. Trade positions for each radio from base to mobile. Re-test, compare, and let us know.

Will Do

Will do guys.

Right! got to go now - it's been brilliant - thanks for your help will update everyone soon.

Many thank's to you - Mr Shockwave - for the photo's, they are definitely my Radios, there are thousands like them, but they are mine;).

Speak soon, look after yourselves everyone.

Mike

In my experience owning both radios, I've found that the Lincoln is a much better radio than the George.

personally i think performance wise the George has a slight edge, the Lincoln on the other hand is ergonomically much better laid out, has a continuous vfo and variable step sizes where the George is channelised.

both work well on SSB, but i'd choose the Lincoln every time when mobile over the fidgity controls on the George, homebase there ain't much between them, but i'd rather have a traditional cb style Grant/Jackson or Richard than any of the modern looking presidents.

both the Lincoln and the George were built by Uniden in China for President Electronics in France.

Long awaited Grant 2 or Lincoln 2 seem far away, but wouldn't surprise me if a Grant 2 comes out of the new Uniden 980 chassis with FM and multi bands added for European market. Wouldn't be the first time an American or Australian model has turned up renamed and spiced up in Europe.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.