• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

WHICH WOULD YOU KEEP

HITEK-REDNEK

HITEK-REDNEK
Nov 21, 2010
Columbus,Oh.
Hello to all I wanted another radio for the big truck boss man said that the galaxy 949 with the texas star 500 was to much of a chance for the trucks ecm getting cooked I said its grounded very well but its out so I found 2 uniden radios 1st beening a 76xl the 2nd a 78xl so my question is which one would you folks keep then the other one I am going to sell cheap what would they go for used no mike,bracket or bracket knobs just radio and power cord so let me know your thoughts and if anyone is interested. I know half of this belongs in the selling section but I wanted to find out which 1 is the better of the 2 first so thanks for your time look forward to your thoughts.

they are the same radio on the inside.

pick the one that is in better condition.

depending on condition, about 20-50 bucks on ebay.
LC

there the same radio. the 76 xl version is the older model i perfer this one
just cause the way the knobs are laid out.why not keep the 949 and
just use a small 2 pill amp texas star 250

Could always go with either of the unidens and put a small amp or an RFX75 on the back of the radio.

Well thank you all so much 1st the BOSS says the galaxy by its self is too big so I bought the unidens didnt want both just wanted the 76 but the mike off of the 78 the guy wouldnt sell it like that so I bought both radios 1 with a rk56 mike and a stock cobra mike that doesnt work just trying to recoupe a bit of my $$$ so with all the info you fellers have given me I will keep the 76 because I also like the way it looks and sell the 78 for a fair price between the $20-$50 range Im guessing about $35 to start with and hope for the best once again thanks to all.

I'm sorry but your boss has been listening to too much unfounded information.

That's just acting like a misinformed tool as far as I'm concerned.

I'm sorry but your boss has been listening to too much unfounded information.

That's just acting like a misinformed tool as far as I'm concerned.

A misinformed tool that signs his checks.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut:
  • @ wavrider:
    sea que sea que,
    +1