• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

whistler 900 questions

ajm1571

Sep 27, 2006
Fountain, MI
Just acquired 1 an was wonderin what the mods if any are. Havent seen one of these radios like in forever. Any info would grealty be appreciated :)

Thanks Metal! More than likely I will sell it as I have NO use for it an dont want to mess with it :LOL: Have too many projects as it is and it works good just bein stock :D

If I recall correctly, Whistler made a cb radio with a single rf amp section but 2 separate recievers in it. I can't remember which model it was, but it basically enabled the user to monitor 2 channels at the same time. Its one of those radios that the React guys like since they could talk on one channel but monitor a second. The radio was able to monitor 2 channels at the same time... but it was different than the way Cobra did it for instance with their "dual watch" function. Instead of scanning between 2 channels , you could monitor 2 channels at the same time.

Cool radio.... I've never had one in my hands or played around with one... everything I've known about them has come from reading about them so I could have read misinformation about how this one model fuctioned.... but from my understanding the radio can recieve on 2 different channels at the same time.

I talk on one

I just got my Whistler 900 running to night and was talking to some locals and they tell me it sounds better than my Galaxy DX44V
Super Awesome radio! love mine
the mods metal said is dead on.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.