• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Who Invented Radio?

N

NorthStar34

Nicola Tesla He's the one that invented radio, AC power, the

transmission of energy to heat your home by hanging an antenna out the

window, the Tesla Coil, a machine to control the weather / direct wind

patterns, etc... He was able to generate enough power to leave a 5 ft

crater in the Earth from the US over to Europe through the ocean. There was

an ocean liner that was in the path of this energy transmission crossing the

sea. The ship disappeared from visibility while he was transmitting the

energy. When he turned the power off, the ship re-appeared and all the

people on board were dead. I think that there were over 200 people on

board.

</p>

"as early as August 15, 1858, an American dentist name Mahlon Loomis was beginning a series of experiments in wireless telegraphy within the state of Ohio! With the interruption of the American Civil War, Loomis continued his work. In October of 1866 he sent signals between two mountaintops, about 15 miles apart, in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Senator Samuel Pomeroy of Kansas and Representative John Bingham of Ohio were present at this demonstration. Both men later gave much support on Loomis' behalf in the U.S. Congress."

This was 2 years after Telsa was born-Nikola Tesla was a Serbian-American inventor, electrical engineer, and scientist. He was born on July 9/10, 1856 in Croatia and died on January 7, 1943 in New York City.

It is taught that Marconi was the inventor of the radio but-

"However, several years before Marconi even started experimenting, as early as 1888, Oliver Lodge (later Sir Oliver), a professor at Liverpool University, was conducting experiments in wireless telegraphy. Lodge was granted a patent on his system (which, by the way, was the source of the receiving detector used by Marconi - the coherer) in May 1897. This patent was purchased by Marconi in 1911.

At the same time, a Canadian university professor (Western University) named Reginald Fessenden was experimenting not only with wireless telegraphy, but with voice and music transmission as well. Also, he was interested in the radio control of boats. By the mid 1890s Fessenden was transmitting voice and music from the shore to people aboard pleasure boats on the St. Lawrence River."

www.qsl.net/km5kg/marconi.htm

sonwatchersig.gif
</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p067.ezboard.com/bworldwidecbradioclub.showUserPublicProfile?gid=sonwatcher>Sonwatcher</A> at: 3/6/05 8:01 pm

I could have sworn it was Mr. Peabody and Sherman who invented radio. I clearly recall him saying to Sherman "Sherman, set the WAYBAC machine for the invention of radio", but that was many years ago, so I may be mistaken....

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.