1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

Who knows what this is called?

Discussion in 'Announcements & Open Forum' started by TheRealPorkchop, Jul 17, 2021.

1. Eldorado828

Eldorado828 8-2-8 in the Lonestar State

Small stainless steel or copper tubing and a grinder could probably make that tool. Figuring out the right diameter and size of the teeth wouldn't take much either. If you're like me, time is the hardest thing to find.

Rwb and S&W357 like this.

2. AudioShockwav

AudioShockwav Extraterrestrial Admin
    Staff Member

Somewhere here on the forum, Mole posted a review about a HT and he removed the nut with a tool that slipped over the nut to remove it.
    I will see if I can find it.

Jeff

3. 144inBama

144inBama Electricity doesn't kill you, ignorance does.

Screenshot 2021-07-17 123922.png Small, inside/outside snap-ring plier....can get them at the auto parts store pretty cheap....or Harbor Freight.

#18 144inBama, Jul 17, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2021
  4. Crawdad

Crawdad Down in the mud invasive species

It was tedious, but I removed and reinstalled one using two small Allen wrenches hooked in the slots. In my case the nut was fairly accessible. YMMV

#19 Crawdad, Jul 17, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2021
  5. Crawdad

Crawdad Down in the mud invasive species

:LOL:
    Doesn't take a Rocket Surgeon to figure out who told you that.........

Rwb and Eldorado828 like this.
  6. AudioShockwav

AudioShockwav Extraterrestrial Admin
    Staff Member

For some reason I can't find the post but the tool looked like one of these.
    For slotted panel nuts

th (2).jpeg panel_nut_4.jpg

7. Captain Kilowatt

Captain Kilowatt Professional Amateur
    Staff Member

I made my own once upon a time from an old socket and a bench grinder. I have since misplaced that tyool but I have used needle-nosed pliers in the past as well.

8. TheRealPorkchop

TheRealPorkchop Certified Sith Pimp

I gave up hunting for it, I'll make one too. I got them out and back in, that faceplate is a bit of a pain to get off and I've got other stuff to do, paying stuff. So to the side goes my junk.... again... and again...

But I shall take a socket tomorrow and try that, that's a pretty good idea. That's better than what I was thinking of trying.

9. Low_Boy

Low_Boy Sr. Member

I just looked up both on e bay and nothing . All that shows up are spanner wrenches.

Rwb likes this.
  10. Rwb

Rwb Sr. Member

go to an older auto parts store n ask for the post wrench for delco distributers on 55 to 63 chevy n gmc 6 cylinder distributers .they are made to tighten the slotted nut where the wire from coil delivers current to condenser. i got a couple i use on several things. think 1 is loaned out rite now too

Old Barney likes this.
  11. Rwb

Rwb Sr. Member

take the volume knob off a baofeng n see if it fits over the shaft. they fit the slotted nut on their antenna nut. learned that from mikilor. and dont say you dont have a baofanger,i think i gave you 1

12. NightThumper

NightThumper Sr. Member

Your so funny Rwb…How generous of you to give away a BAOFANGER…LOL. Glad you didn’t give me one “Return To Sender.” Ahahaha

#27 NightThumper, Jul 18, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2021
    Rwb likes this.
  13. TheRealPorkchop

TheRealPorkchop Certified Sith Pimp

Yes, you did give me one. Now, gimme one of dem wrenches too, hahaha. I'll find one, appreciate the tip, I mean ProTip.

14. NightThumper

NightThumper Sr. Member

AOER Silver X-Key Repair Tool Destuffing for Two-Way Radio Walkie Talkie Motorola GP-300 GP-88 GP-328 GP-328plus Puxing PX777(PX-777) PX-777plus PX-328 Baofeng UV-5R WOUXUN HYT TYT PUXING Radio

On Amazon

Attached Files:

#29 NightThumper, Jul 18, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2021
  15. Rwb

Rwb Sr. Member

if i knew where that other1 is id gladly send you 1