• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Who made this amp?

KneeBiter

May 21, 2014
Picked up this 1 tube 6je6 6lq6 amp. Extremely clean. Would like to see if there is a schematic out there for it. Only markings are Little Willie on the face and KTI on one of the circuit boards. SSB delay works but is way to short so will have to up the cap in that circuit I am guessing when I recap the unit. Also need a 12V bayonet style bulb for the meter. Had a 6v from a Browning but way too bright. Anyone know the number for the 12v version? Nothing on bulb but 12v. Any info on this amp good or bad is greatly appreciated. 20200501_185559.jpg

Attachments

• 20200501_184524.jpg
    20200501_184524.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 178

Sorry. Your pictures do not jog my memory. Back in the late 70's and early 80's, many folks were building tube amplifiers. Some sold more than others and those are the amps that are a easier to find schematics for. Not unlike transistor amps today, most are copies of one another. You could probably search the CBtricks website to find a 1 tube amplifier that is close enough to your Little Willie to enable you to service it properly.

Below is a schematic of a PAL brand Base (AC powered) amplifier. Though it does use a driver tube, chances are the internals are very similar to yours.

http://www.cbtricks.com/Amp/pal/125_plus_ac/graphics/pal_125_plus_ac_sch.pdf

The schematic below is of another PAL brand 1 tube amplifier. Though this is a mobile(DC powered) amplifier, everything on the output side of the power transformer should be very similar to yours.

http://www.cbtricks.com/Amp/pal/buddy/graphics/pal_buddy_sch.pdf

If you can find a schematic for a "Swinger 707" that would probably be the closest to your amplifier. The Swinger is an AC base amplifier with a single 6JE6/6LQ6 tube. Never been able to find a schematic for one myself.

There may be others on this site that have seen an example of this particular amplifier before and may chime in for help.

David

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.