• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mobile Who manufactures the stainless steel 102"/108" whips?

ChrisBama351

Dec 14, 2013
Colorado
Who manufactures the stainless steel 102"/108" whips? Not the seller or distributor but,
What company supplies the stainless steel rods and or whips? OR
What company tapers the stainless steel rods down?
I am trying to get a 17 ft. (204") or 18 ft. (216") solid stainless steel (17-7 or equivalent) whip antenna.
around 0.25" in diameter at one end and that is tapered down to around 0.125 at the tip.
Thanks, Chris

Who manufactures the stainless steel 102"/108" whips? Not the seller or distributor but,
I am trying to get a 17 ft. (204") or 18 ft. (216") solid stainless steel (17-7 or equivalent) whip antenna.
around 0.25" in diameter at one end and that is tapered down to around 0.125 at the tip.
Thanks, Chris
Don't know about a whip 17-18 ft ? but you asked about 108 in. This is what I used... http://www.mfjenterprises.com/Product.php?productid=MFJ-1966

chrisbama,

I have been down this rabbit hole before, and let me tell you that I never found a manufacturer in the US, and if i remember correctly, i never even found an importer of them here.

my guess is that they are all made in China nowadays.

Man, i need to make friends with someone who speaks fluent Chinese, just so i can find parts!

If you do ever find a place where spring steel is made into whips, please please please post the info here!
LC

Thanks, Chris

Hi: Chris.

I know this is an old post but did you ever find a manufacturer of long whips ?

The only thing I can think of is a company like " Metal Supermarkets " here in Canada who sells raw metal of all types & lengths.

Hope this helps.

Bruce.

Toronto. Canada.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.