• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Who put my information out there?

Tallman

KW4YJ Honorary Member Silent Key
May 1, 2013
Louisville, KY
I get credit card offers that I did not ask for. I have a credit card that did not apply for, and phone calls and emails from every possible "Business Opportunity" imaginable and the worst sad excuses for charities.
Who did it? I guess I did when I got my tech and general ticket. Since ham operators information become public information thanks to the FCC ULS database. Anybody else have this going on? I'm on the Federal Do Not call list and still get these calls. The funniest one I got had to be a prank. They were drumming up money for Hair Pieces for under privileged bald people. Not a condition brought on by chemo, just bald.
What makes this funny to me is I'm bald and don't want a hair piece.

Reactions: Marconi

Oh God.....your not another one of the paranoid crowd that thinks the world is tracking them because they got an amateur radio license are you? :headbang

My parents get all kinds of offers and phone calls and they don't have a ham ticket. So do all my other relatives and I am the only amateur radio operator in the entire extended family. It is likely your own power or phone company that has sold it's billing list to marketers. That happens more often than people realize. Do not call lists just keep honest telemarketers away and have no effect on out of country callers which is where most telemarketers are located anyway. Do you honestly think that there are that many east Indians working call centers in North America? Most of them are driving taxis in the big cities.

Reactions: 4 people
I get credit card offers that I did not ask for. I have a credit card that did not apply for, and phone calls and emails from every possible "Business Opportunity" imaginable and the worst sad excuses for charities.
Who did it? I guess I did when I got my tech and general ticket. Since ham operators information become public information thanks to the FCC ULS database. Anybody else have this going on? I'm on the Federal Do Not call list and still get these calls. The funniest one I got had to be a prank. They were drumming up money for Hair Pieces for under privileged bald people. Not a condition brought on by chemo, just bald.
What makes this funny to me is I'm bald and don't want a hair piece.

I went on a car dealer website that had a "Credit Score Estimator" and after that every Ford dealer within 50 miles is emailing me with offers.......every day.
Merchants and credit companies share/sell data and that's wrong.

SORRY TALLMAN

Was that you I called? It's true were B.A.L.D.. Bald, alone, lonely and dull. Our goal is to give a new breath of life to the folliclly challenged. Most of whom have low self-esteem and poor social skills. Sorry tallman we will remove you from our calling list but will add you to our calling list SHORTMAN. Which helps the vertically challenged.

You have a credit card that you didn't apply for? If that's true, my guess is that some identity thief accidentally used your address instead of his/her own when applying in your name.

No, getting your radio license isn't the reason you're getting these phone calls and emails. My guess is that your credit score was recently upgraded.

Welcome to the world have having good credit -- the annoying phone calls/mails/emails are something that we, unfortunately, have to deal with.

Reactions: 1 person
How dare you say the "Rugs for Baldies" fountation is a prank? Skinhedia is a very real and very serious affliction. I too have been dealing with Skinhedia for years. I learned to embrace it and cut what few follicles I still have very very short. Keeps me cooler in the summer and I don't spend a penny on hair products.

(sounds of paid compassionate woman) - - Is, you or someone you know suffering from skinheadia? Skinheadia is a reeeeallll condition, and can affect *ANYONE AT ANYTIME*, (sad music, and tons of blad people living in huts) With your help, we can suffering. For just $10.00 a month (now screen changes to people with hair, and lots of it, almost too much like shaggy style) your contribution can go towards ending skinheadia for good. Please...don't wait. Take the first step to ending skinheadia. Please call 1-800-555-1212 right nhhhooow....don't wait another minute.

How dare you say the "Rugs for Baldies" fountation is a prank? Skinhedia is a very real and very serious affliction. I too have been dealing with Skinhedia for years. I learned to embrace it and cut what few follicles I still have very very short. Keeps me cooler in the summer and I don't spend a penny on hair products.

There were only so many perfect heads made by God. The rest he covered with hair.

Information dispersed by Government.

My information has been laid out by the F.C.C. in the ULS database. It is amazing how far telemarketers and other companies will go to get a good address to mail stuff. I have always had good credit and had opted out permanently a long time ago and had not received any junk like this until after I got my ticket. My change by getting the license put me on these list again.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.