• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Who to tune or not to tune my new Galaxy radio?

PsRumors

Jun 18, 2005
Cartersville, GA
I will be purchasing a Galaxy 77 shortly. I think this will fit my uses. Who should or should I NOT have tune the radio.

I would like to buy and have tuned from one source to help with shipping times and costs.

GI Joe has the radio and their modulation kit for $259.90. Anyone with experiance with this setup? Or at least their mod kit?

Premiere has the radio and their peak and tune for $269.90. How are their tunes? I saw mention on their site for an SP1-A kit. Any comments? I couldn't find how much it costs or if it is included in their peak and tune.

QuackShack has the radio and their peak and tune for $239.99. How are theirs?

Who am I missing?

In my Opinon I would NEVER send anything to 1 STOP!
I bought a Galaxy DX2547 from them and had to send it back to have it ajusted as it was WAY WAY off Frequency after I recieved it from them NEW. They were supposed to do a peak + tune but it sure didn't seem like the case had been opened up had been and when I sent it back it took 2 1/2 weeks to get it back and then kept getting ignored when you ask about it. Very POOR Customer Service. Like I said this is my Opinion I will never deal with THEM again!!!

Some people don't understand or care about the tuneup from a Technical Standpoint. But when it comes down technically RR and 1stop and many more Do not tune a radio. They remove some parts. If you like it that way then more power to you. I rather have my radio tuned and aligned technically. Theirs no comparison in overall peformance as well. Anyhow that is the world of CB.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned