• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Who works on Texas Star amps?

Go figure, like an excited kid I was expecting it Friday to play with it over the weekend but this is now how it looks..... Do all the shipping methods suck now....
Screenshot_20231028_103451_Gallery.jpg

Go figure, like an excited kid I was expecting it Friday to play with it over the weekend but this is now how it looks..... Do all the shipping methods suck now....
View attachment 66003
Thats how it always goes. I was expecting wife to be available today for raising / lowering the beam try new coax but it's both rainy and she had to work unexpectedly. Toying with doing it myself but one slip and I'll bust the beam all to hell. Maybe the box will unexpectedly speed up?

Last edited:
Reactions: Eldorado828
Well it made it and was waiting when I got home.
According to Gatekeeper these are labeled dei but made for galaxy by HG. He should know more than me since he deals with them directly.
Screenshot_20231030_180807_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20231030_180812_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20231030_180816_Gallery.jpg
They are in fact labeled dei. More to come!

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Well it made it and was waiting when I got home.
According to Gatekeeper these are labeled dei but made for galaxy by HG. He should know more than me since he deals with them directly.
View attachment 66034View attachment 66035View attachment 66036
They are in fact labeled dei. More to come!
Thats very interesting. I certainly can't compare to his knowledge but why would they want to re-label something with a decent reputation to something with a poor reputation? Matters not though, at least it has arrived!

So the conversion seems to be a capacitor leg that just need soldered down but there's something here that concerns me.
Is this a burnt separated trace? Geeez
View attachment 66037
Maybe a Texas star guru can help me out before I put any power to it.
Maybe that trace becoming complete is the mod? No, it's just not funny you spend your hard earned money and see something like that...thats some trash looking assembly work. I'm all emotionally invested now .... where's the gurus lol

Last edited:
That looks like shit, even the power wire has a burnt mark on it, I'd return it, regardless if it's working or not

Reactions: Smokinone
Maybe that trace becoming complete is the mod? No, it's just not funny you spend your hard earned money and see something like that...thats some trash looking assembly work. I'm all emotionally invested now .... where's the gurus lol
Yeah it's a disappointment for sure.... It's frustrating as hell no doubt but..... if I can have it working, I'll clean that all up and use it. At this point I just need to know about that trace, is it supposed to be together or apart? If I can figure that out, I'll clean up the rest and use it. Return shipping is probably 25 bucks, plus time and I don't have an amp. For now I sent out an email to galaxy with photo's and hopefully they reply.

I have no idea if these are any use but all I found for DX500s though I think these are variable models but maybe they could give an idea? Im sure these are well out of date. Hopefully the gurus will be along eventually. Appalling you have to rebuild a brand new amp.

Attachments

• 919750849d12d3fa7dd7cbda2dcecc35.jpg
    919750849d12d3fa7dd7cbda2dcecc35.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 53
  • texas-star_texas-star_dx400v_dx500v_inter_connection_layout.pdf_1.png
    texas-star_texas-star_dx400v_dx500v_inter_connection_layout.pdf_1.png
    64.2 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
I have no idea if these are any use but all I found for DX500s though I think these are variable models but maybe they could give an idea? Im sure these are well out of date. Hopefully the gurus will be along eventually. Appalling you have to rebuild a brand new amp.
Hey I appreciate that lonestarbandit, I've been searching photos myself to see what comes up. There's different board revisions so makes it a little more difficult. That diagram you put up there helps a lot, that may just be the reference.

Reactions: lonestarbandit
Reactions: lonestarbandit
I'll tell you exactly what happened to that. Someone bought it, destroyed it and returned it. There is no way in hell that is factory! I would call TS and have a chat with them, and, call the place you bought it from.
So they just packaged it up and sent it out to poor Eldo? That's some seriously jacked up, shady tactics. The more I look at those pictures, the more I agree. There's melted wire insulation, splattered flux and terrible solder work in more areas than just the main trace area (Sorry Eldo thats so aggravating I hate to see this happen to anyone - I'd be furious)

Last edited:
Umm, have you tried to key it?

Pretty sure that's the coax coming into the splitter from the input push switches. Looks grubby, but I think it's wired correctly. The rear board has holes and traces that don't get used.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.