• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Who's working FIELD DAY?

BJ radionut

Supporting Member and 6m addict
May 9, 2008
35 miles East of Indianapolis
I'll be working FD from Darrtown, OH...will have antennas from 80m thru 6m with the Gents from R & L Electronics and some other Op's I know...
Serveral Stations will be running at different times...
ICOM 756 PRO III
Yaesu FT-2000D
and a couple others maybe a FT-950AT
I'll be operating a little CW and SSB on 20m and 10m during daylight and move to 40m/80m during the night...going to try and WORK ALL STATES in about 12 or 14 hrs during my part of the operation...
CU SN on the bands OM's(y)
All the Best
BJ

Whiskey 9 First National Bank ..

Do you have any idea on the freq's you'll be around, or the callsign you'll be using? I'll give you a shout...

Who's working Field Day

Mole: This is a Fun set-up for FD...Most of us have not seen each other in a long time...So jaw jacking "off the air" will be first order of BIZ while antennas are going up.
I will operate 10m's in the N/T section 28.4 to 28.5...I like around 28.4 and 28.490-495...On CW near the Qrp calling freq's but will search and pounce to pick up new states...Other SSB freq's near 7238/3910/21305

We will use a combined call(not sure yet) but we also have a inter-group contest for points with each other and use our own calls ...

So we will have a combined station and also a station where we use our own calls...so look for me there...
I always like to stop and chat a second when I work someone I know or come across a big group...We do not care about DUP contacts...we just like to have RadioFun!

So if you here the "First National Bank" ...let me know who you are...ie " this is(your name or Mole) from WWRF and we'll chat a moment...
Always nice to meet everyone SSB "ON the AIR"...if I am working CW, I'll be sticking with the format response as I'll be trying to WAS and racking the points I am after the prize(BIG STEAK for supper or breakfast) hihi

We'll better finish this cup of Java and start packing
Looking forward to working all...
Mole/DOC/DXHound/Doctor(IN)/etc..

By the way name is Gary or the "BJ"(Bionic Jaw) as my Elmers and old Ham buddies call me...So All look for me it's all about Having RADIOFUN(y)
All the Best
BJ
Whiskey 9 First National Bank ..

im going to try to make field day at the local clubs operation in Medina, Ohio i believe we are using the club call sign W8EOC bit i dont know for sure. I may also be on 80-10 here at my shack with the call sign KD8EPC hope to catch you all on the air have a safe field day and happy operating,
73 DE Dustin KD8EPC

yeah i'm working on field day, oh you meant on the air, maybe i can set something up on the back deck and run on batt. and solar power. but it will definately only be for a few hours.

What frequency's are you folks by i never been involved in a Field Day. Let me know which one and what i need to to do and how to ID my station i'll be at home and i'll help some folks out. Thanks 73 Mark

I did some hunt and pounce today on 40m from 2-5pm until T-Boomers rolled in and we shut down until they passed through. I left at 5:30 to take care of some stuff at home. I'll be back on tomorrow from 12-2pm. I'll be roaming either 20m or 40m. Our club call is W4COV.

Wayne C.

well im home from field day we all got tired of operating what over 2000 contacts we decided to pack it in early. mabie i worked some of you with the call sign w8eoc we were 3a oh. i worked over 500 of the contacts by myself. i didn't sleep at all. hahahaha hope you all did well and enjoyed field day

Sounds like ya had a good time Chong. i'm gonna have to get involved in the one here next year. all i did was listen sounds fun. later 73 Mark

Glad you had a good time Chong.(y) I wasn't as devoted as you.(y) We only had three stations going and I don't think they were manned every single hour of the Field Day. :rolleyes:I went back today for the last 2 hours of the contest after Church and took advantage of the opening on 10m to add to our paltry total. Still it was a lot of fun.:cool:;)

73's

Wayne C.

Yes i did have fun at field day i wasn't going home once i was there having annoying house guests. i figured field day gave me a legit. excuse to leave the house and stay gone. I had nothing better to do so i slipped a headset on my head and started calling cq field day. I also started drinking coffee last night to keep myself awake. It was a good field day.

I made 475 contacts on 20 and 40 IN 4 hours. Your call sounds familiar. My call was W4XD and K4MRA. I had people stacked continously for 300 and made 175 in 1 hours this AM, Man am I tired

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.