• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Why you hate UPS

mackmobile43

Jock Supporter
Feb 11, 2008
This is my why.
why would you use a fckin train to ship from Hodgkins IL to Creston IA which is going away from where the fckin package is going just blows my mind and makes on think " who do they think they're fooling"

FCK UPS

Additional Information
Shipped/Billed On:10/03/2011Type:packageWeight:9.00 lbs

Shipment Progress
What's This?
Location Date Local Time Activity
Creston, IA, United States 10/06/2011 2:00 A.M. Late train.
Hodgkins, IL, United States 10/04/2011 9:33 A.M. Departure Scan

10/04/2011 6:17 A.M. Arrival Scan
Hodgkins, IN, United States 10/04/2011 5:34 A.M. Departure Scan
10/04/2011 5:14 A.M. Arrival Scan
South Bend, IN, United States 10/03/2011 10:30 P.M. Departure Scan
10/03/2011 6:06 P.M. Origin Scan
United States 10/03/2011 1:45 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Better yet, how did that train effect my stuff coming from Texas?

Maumee, OH, United States 10/06/2011 8:01 A.M. Departure Scan
Maumee, OH, United States 10/05/2011 10:27 P.M. Arrival Scan
________________________10/05/2011 12:00 P.M. Train derailment.
Fort Worth, TX, United States 10/03/2011 9:12 P.M. Departure Scan
___________________________10/03/2011 6:11 P.M. Origin Scan
United States________________10/03/2011 4:00 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Yep....sometimes they ship your package the opposite direction of you...sometimes they ship way past you....I think its so you do not get your package early....can't have that.......also they are very hard on your package....I have stepped out my front door many times and heard the ups man in the back of his van rooting around looking for a package...dropping packages......if you ship a radio.....you had better pack well.....because they throw packages around like gorillas.

ups goes to hodgins indiana because illinois turnpikes do not allow triple trailers so they get dropped of in hodgins and further arrangement have to be made. hodgkins really isn't even a town just a name of a facility, not to be confused with hodgkins illinois cook county.

Thats not bad. Try having stuff being shipped from US into Canada. Three years ago they slapped me with a $95 "brokerage" fee for a $24 book. And it still took 3 weeks to get here. :mad:

Thats not bad. Try having stuff being shipped from US into Canada. Three years ago they slapped me with a $95 "brokerage" fee for a $24 book. And it still took 3 weeks to get here. :mad:

That's why I ask for all my shipments from the USA to come via the postal system. They move it across the border free whereas a courier company often has a brokerage firm do it and you pay through the nose for brokerage of small purchases as you found out.

Ordered a area rug from J.C. Penney 2 years ago. Took it 6 days to arrive.

Ready for the good part of the story?

It was made at Maples industries right here in Scottsboro, AL.

Wait, it gets even better!

UPS picked the rug up at Maples distribution center which is 6 blocks from my house.

Better still.

Shipped it to Chicago to J.C. Penney distribution who then turned it and shipped it back to Scottsboro.

I could have walked to the Maples Distribution center and carried the damn rug home on my shoulder. :laugh:

That's why I ask for all my shipments from the USA to come via the postal system. They move it across the border free whereas a courier company often has a brokerage firm do it and you pay through the nose for brokerage of small purchases as you found out.
Every is USPS now except stuff from Digikey, its UPS flat rate over night($8)

Same here but alas this company only ships by the big brown turd but I couldn't come close on the price so I have to suffer the wrath of BT.

Update: supposedly the package went from IA to Colorado in 10 hours which seems fast to me.

Commerce City, CO, United States 10/06/2011 12:04 P.M. Arrival Scan
Creston, IA, United States 10/06/2011 2:00 A.M. Late train.
Hodgkins, IL, United States 10/04/2011 9:33 A.M. Departure Scan
10/04/2011 6:17 A.M. Arrival Scan
Hodgkins, IN, United States 10/04/2011 5:34 A.M. Departure Scan
10/04/2011 5:14 A.M. Arrival Scan
South Bend, IN, United States 10/03/2011 10:30 P.M. Departure Scan
10/03/2011 6:06 P.M. Origin Scan
United States 10/03/2011 1:45 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

One of the jobs that made me decide to not work as a commercial pilot was flying charter for a company that had a contract with UPS. I had to take off in zero zero weather as in the optical sensor can not see the darn lazer beam being fired at it because the fog is too thick.......Nothing like being in a turbo prop plane shaking like mad as you run up the engines to full power and start rolling down a runway you can not see hoping you are on the center line and hoping other idiots where able to hold short of the runway even though they can not see the taxi way or the lights let alone the hold short line!!!!! That goes not even cover your drive time to and from the airport and having to supervise the loading of the plane to make sure the people on the ground do not get you killed by loading the Center of Gravity CG all wrong......Back then it was for the grand sum of 12K a year......Then you could do regional runs between hubs with humans for $18K-$24K a year and no benefits all while trying to build up enough jet turbine time to move up the latter....Only the guys flying the jumbo jets painted brown with UPS on the tale are actually working for UPS and making a good living!! So anymore I take a dim view of companies from General Motors to UPS that contract out most of the work making almost impossible for an honest man with college loans to repay to live or make a living.

Oh then you have how they always try to weasel out of damage issue and such! You would be better off trying to prove the existence of an all powering being in the universe then trying to get a claim in on UPS in anything that would reasonable a reasonable amount of time!!!Never mind how many time you will be transferred and dropped during your claim!!!!LOL

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.