• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Will Wilson 1000 Mag Mount Stay Stuck

sinbad

Jul 2, 2005
I have a Wilson 1000 mag mount on order to put on top of my van.

Will it stay on at 100 mph? Occasionally, I have to get into the triple digits in order to get through, escape from and distance myself from a "clot" of traffic droning along on the interstate.

Re: clearance. With the 62" W-1000 antenna added to the top of my 70" van, height will be about eleven feet.

Anything to watch out for on the interstate, as far as clearance? How about urban areas, aside from the obvious overhead canopy at the McDonald's drive-through window?

lol the wilson 1000 stays on a bmw m3evo at over 155mph, fastest i tested mine at is 126mph, if its stuck to decent steel it wont go anywhere at 100mph

bob85 said:
lol the wilson 1000 stays on a bmw m3evo at over 155mph, fastest i tested mine at is 126mph, if its stuck to decent steel it wont go anywhere at 100mph

Good steel on my Honda Odyssey -- but rev limiter cuts in at about 119 mph. Thanks for the first person report.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.