• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

wilson 1000 power handling?

loosecannon

Mar 9, 2006
hi all,

just wondering if my wilson 1000 will handle a texas star 667v.
about 650-700 watts, probably less in actuality, but lets say 700-800 watts to be safe.

i am speaking of the roof mount model if that makes any difference.

i realize that the weak link is the coax, and mine has already been upgraded to LMR-240 (totally cut out my fuel pump noise by doing this BTW).

so the cable should be fine, im just wondering how close to the advertised spec. the antenna actually is.

thanks for any and all input,
loosecannon

no problem with the coax you have. and no the wilson 1000 can not handle the full 3500 watts with the coax its made with, rg58 has power limitations.

loosecannon said:
hi all,

just wondering if my wilson 1000 will handle a texas star 667v.
about 650-700 watts, probably less in actuality, but lets say 700-800 watts to be safe.

i am speaking of the roof mount model if that makes any difference.

i realize that the weak link is the coax, and mine has already been upgraded to LMR-240 (totally cut out my fuel pump noise by doing this BTW).

so the cable should be fine, im just wondering how close to the advertised spec. the antenna actually is.

thanks for any and all input,
loosecannon
Always chose your antenna that handles double the power that your linear puts out. So to be safe, if your linear puts out 750 PEP then you need an antenna that can take 1500 watts.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.