• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wilson 5000 Magnetic Antenna

Transister

Dec 24, 2010
Guys I had a K40 Magnetic for about 16 years and it finally let me down. Great antenna. After a lot of ? and some good responces I purchased a Wilson 5000 Magnetic Antenna. This is because of parking the truck in a carport. It came with not a bit of instructions on mounting the Magnetic antenna and I have ?'s. First it has a paper like material on the face of the magnetic is this suppose to stay or do I take it off? Next what is the 3" + or - flat washer for? I would appreciate any directions.....Thanks up front Transister

do not peel the film its there to protect your paint .
the washer is for holding it in the box and nothing more .depending on vehicle it could be plug and play after setting the swr (you lower and raise the whip to do this ,then turn the set screw to snug it down)
some vehicles may require "cutting"of the whip to obtain a good swr .you just wont know until you try it .
you will need a swr meter or a radio that has one .

report back

Thanks for the reply. I thought that might be the case on the film and appreciate an update on the other info....Transister

do not peel the film its there to protect your paint .
the washer is for holding it in the box and nothing more .depending on vehicle it could be plug and play after setting the swr (you lower and raise the whip to do this ,then turn the set screw to snug it down)
some vehicles may require "cutting"of the whip to obtain a good swr .you just wont know until you try it .
you will need a swr meter or a radio that has one .

report back

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.