• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wilson 5000

thetnhillbilly

Jun 28, 2006
Tennessee, U.S.A.
I have a wilson 5000 mag-mount and I want to know if I can change it to a permanent mount for the center of my trunk. I notice that a roof mount kit is sold, but didn't know if it was compatible to convert a mag-mount, or only for new installation of someone's old roof mount antenna. Can I use other parts instead of their kit, and if so what do I need? Thanks in advance.

You can rip the magnet apart and use it as a "roof mount". However, I don't recommend doing that!

The coils are the same as is the actual mount. They use the roof mount and mount it inside of a magnet. Less parts to manufacturer!

Wilson used to sell individual parts. I'm not sure if Barjan still does or not. Hook up with a competent shop on-line and have them order you just the mount, then you'll have a functional magnet, just in case!

you can use some parts off your Magmount if you really want to go that route if money is a problem. Here's a list of parts from Wilson ,they sell everything in the parts department for there antenna's (-: I think your making a great choice in changing over to a solid roof mount , better all around ground.
Wilson parts Good luck to you Hillbilly.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.