• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wilson 5000

cost cutting. probly.i like it myself i did my mini van and wow
if i would,ve had the full assem. on i would ,ve had a challenge
but seems to work as good as the oldstyle imho

Why is Wilson putting the cheap connectors on the coax and then including a PL-259 in the box?Why not just put the 259 on at the factory?:confused:

They're all about customer satisfaction, they put the cheapo on in case you want to route the coax somewhere and need to chop off the 259 and give you a good one that's easier to install than the cheapo on, you must have bought your's from a reputable dealer cause most sellers remove the 259 from the package which is a unknown action and resell the 259's

Besides having to install the 259 how is the performance of the 5000, SWRs, noise level, hearing level and modulation level....Thanks up front....Transister

They're all about customer satisfaction, they put the cheapo on in case you want to route the coax somewhere and need to chop off the 259 and give you a good one that's easier to install than the cheapo on, you must have bought your's from a reputable dealer cause most sellers remove the 259 from the package which is a unknown action and resell the 259's

Never knew anyone who removed the "crimp on" factory connector.....if it ain't broke don't fix it. As far I am concerned....if the extra supplied PL259 isn't an amphenol, throw it out.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.