• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wilson roof mount will not tune!!!

is it a brand new antenna or used?

either way are you sure you got the right whip?

if you did get the right whip you might have to trim it 1/4" at a time, i had to trim mine 3/4" on my mag mount to get right.

is it a brand new antenna or used?

either way are you sure you got the right whip?

if you did get the right whip you might have to trim it 1/4" at a time, i had to trim mine 3/4" on my mag mount to get right.

This is correct. If the antenna shows low SWR at a lower frequency then desired then it's too long. Had it been lower above 27 MHz it would have been too short. Trim it as stated above.

Reactions: 1 person
I had the same problem. Even called Wilson. The problem was poor connection on the coax. Make sure the outer portion of the cable is slid onto the connector good.

Just as a point of reference for you, the whip on my Wilson 5000 is cut to 60-3/4" for 11m (tuned to 27.205) and my 10m whip is cut to 55" (tuned for 28.400).

When I did the old truck with a 5000, I had to take about 2 1/2 inches off to get it where I wanted.

I just bought a new 5000 within the last two months and it took at least 2.5 inches off the whip to tune, and it sits at a flat 1:1 SWR. They purposely send a longer stinger to use on other frequencies...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.