• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wilson "Silver Load" Fiberglass antenna

I have asked questions here and asked mfg. about there products. It took me nine days to order an antenna. It seems everything I liked was junk. It looks like a Wilson and it's half the price then I found out it's junk! I want to get a better CB than my Cobra 25 LTD this summer and it will take me that long doing research on the best radio. This is a hard hobby to get started in without the help from everyone.

I plan to redo my system this spring. I don't want to work on my CB in the winter I hate cold weather. This system is a learning lesson for me you see I don't have much knowable is CB Radios and for 35 years I always wanted a good set up. When I get more experience I will add a small amp. I travel and I need a CB to keep alert and I don't listen to the FM radio it boars me the same thing over and over. I will run this set until April and then this will be my set that I will keep for a long time I HOPE!

Reactions: Groundhog KSS-2012
why not get a decent export radio
you still can always add a amp if you wanted

antenna is most importent
then i perfer radio
then amp

Maybe a 2970DX for radio
antenna depends on how you want to mount and or use it

When we say "Export Radio" we mean a radio that is NOT legal to own or operate in the US. It generally has better transmit performance compared to a stock legal CB, as well as extra channels and in many cases, echo and talkback (and other features) built in.

This wilson states it's a 5/8 wave antenna.

Any of you techs know if it is a 5/8 wave?

I have a friend that just replace a very expensive antenna with the wilson.

We did a real world test between the other antenna and the wilson silver load antenna, and found out the wilson performed better.

We were about 27 miles apart and with the wilson his signal to me came up 1/2 a signal strenght, and on his receive the signal from my radio went up a whole signal strenght. Very impressive performance from the Wilson silver load.

So Thats why I'm asking this question is the Wilson silver load a true 5/8 antenna?

It seem to preform better that the 1/4 wave he used before.

One particular situation where the 4' Wilsons excel is on trucks like the Kenworth T2000, in which the factory antenna system is less than ideal (to put it mildly). Using a 4' Wilson on the left-hand vertical grab rail, mounted as high as possible and with a 28' mini-8 coax, works wonders. The same setup can be used on a Peterbuilt 387, as long as the truck doesn't have dual stacks.

DTB Radio said:
One particular situation where the 4' Wilsons excel is on trucks like the Kenworth T2000, in which the factory antenna system is less than ideal (to put it mildly). Using a 4' Wilson on the left-hand vertical grab rail, mounted as high as possible and with a 28' mini-8 coax, works wonders. The same setup can be used on a Peterbuilt 387, as long as the truck doesn't have dual stacks.

DTB Radio. Do you happen to know if the wilson is a 5/8 wave antennas as it states it is?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.