• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wilson "Silver Load" Fiberglass antenna

dway87

Oct 14, 2006
San Angelo,Tx / Fredericksburg,Tx
For those who like to use fiberglass whips, this is a very good one to get. Other than the 102" SS whip that I have, this is probably my favorite. It's got a tuneable tip and is pretty powerful. It has more power gain than a lot of antennas. Here's a link to the website:

http://www.wilsonantenna.com/fg.htm

Check it out if interested. Just letting you folks know what's up.

Reactions: Groundhog KSS-2012

dway87,

I do like my 3' Silver tips..they tune easy and only run 2nd to my Wilson 2000's (until a tree snaps one of them....2000's are to much $$$ ;) :( to donate to an oak tree :roll: :roll: ).....I might lose the black cap off the top but these things never give up........

Snoope back quiet

runnin a pair of 5 footers on my rig. Nice n stiff and cut the wind no problem. You can get replacement rubbers if you lose one. These replaced my single 2000. My second rig has a pair of sw-2000 on a 17.00 dollar wilson mount (one on each side) have to admit , they look sweet going down the road, standing tall and all, just a little too rich for my liking....

outlaw30424 said:
on a 17.00 dollar wilson mount (one on each side)

When (not if) you start to have problems with this set up, replace those HORRIBLE Wilson Mounts. Actually, they only have the Wilson name and certainly not their engineering! Barjan slapped the Wilson name on these in order to help them sell.

The mounts will actually fracture internally which you will only see when the antennas are flexing (going down the road).

The Wilson Gumdrop Mount is a HORRIBLE MOUNT!!!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.