• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

wilson t2000 broken

longhaireddwb

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Oct 8, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
A guy i work with was having antenna problems and asked me to check it out for him. I broke out the antenna anilizer and started checking things and found the anteena wasnt working right. I then put a dvom at just above the coil and below the coil of the antenna and found no contenuity.
Broken coil?

Has anyone taken one of these apart before and repaired it and if so did it go back together ok or was it not weather resistant anymore.
I thought i gather some info before i try to destroy this antenna taking it apart. Thank for any help.

I would just get a new one, for the time and effort to try to fix it probably isn't worth it. JMO.

Thanks for the reply's. It is broken and I told him to replace it and I think he will. I just thought If I could repair it without destroying it then I put it in the big pile of used antennas I have in the garage.

I'll check the website mentioned to see if there is any info on taking them apart or not. Its just a time burner for when I got the extra time.

If anyone has done this please chime in.
Thanks...

Thanks for the reply's. It is broken and I told him to replace it and I think he will. I just thought If I could repair it without destroying it then I put it in the big pile of used antennas I have in the garage.

I'll check the website mentioned to see if there is any info on taking them apart or not. Its just a time burner for when I got the extra time.

If anyone has done this please chime in.
Thanks...

the websites just have parts. nothing about taking anything apart

yep, that what I found too. I know he is going to replace the antenna so I'll have a chance to rip it apart. If I get a good chance and think about it I'll post up a couple pics when I do it to show all whats inside.
If I can remember.:confused:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.