• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wilson Trucker Amplified CB Mic

That's the basis of 21st-century marketing. Buy a well-respected name brand, discontinue the quality product that established it and use it as bait to sell bait-and-switch junk under the old name.

Gotta love living in the future.

Possibly Corona and Trump will solve some of this problem..... Hope I did not just open up a Pandoras box.

Yea that sucks how quality company's jump on the outsourcing bandwagon and soil thier name and reputation with cheap products. Have you seen the vietnam made radios now? OMG! Talking to you galaxy, shame

Does it guts look like this guy?

upload_2020-5-8_9-0-37.png
Only without the wood grain brown handset.​

Attachments

• ComponentCloseup1.jpg
    ComponentCloseup1.jpg
    495.4 KB · Views: 4
That's the basis of 21st-century marketing. Buy a well-respected name brand, discontinue the quality product that established it and use it as bait to sell bait-and-switch junk under the old name.

Gotta love living in the future.

Foreign buyers buy the respected names and move all production to a filthy third World country. Made in USA doesn't mean shit anymore either since the materials used to produce it were from some filthy third world country. Globalization has been the death of America.

Yea, astatic microphones used to be VERY solid and sound great. Now like everything else its made in china and is crappy cheap garbage.
My RK56 chrome isn't any better. The sound is there but it feels like something that would come with one of my grand kids toys. I've been digging for my old RK but after 15+ years out of the hobby, I'm afraid it's lost forever.

My RK56 chrome isn't any better. The sound is there but it feels like something that would come with one of my grand kids toys. I've been digging for my old RK but after 15+ years out of the hobby, I'm afraid it's lost forever.

The ones in hang-type blister packs as at truck stop MAY not be as good as the ones sold to dealers in cardboard boxes.

I can’t really tell difference between the latter and the one I bought mid-1990s. Same dealer both times: Clays Radio.

Their comment is that QC took a nosedive, but has come back up. It’s still their recommendation nearly every time.

EVERY SINGLE TIME a company makes a 100% winner microphone they discontinue it and never look back. They sell faster than they can be made but nope. Lets just make super cheap crap and sell that. Examples of some outstanding, tough mics, astatic 575m6, rf limited CR-577, palomar SL-41. Great mics that cant be found. And if you do, $$$$$$$. Lol, for a cb mic

The ones in hang-type blister packs as at truck stop MAY not be as good as the ones sold to dealers in cardboard boxes.

I can’t really tell difference between the latter and the one I bought mid-1990s. Same dealer both times: Clays Radio.

Their comment is that QC took a nosedive, but has come back up. It’s still their recommendation nearly every time.

The new one, which was indeed in a blister pack hanging in a TA truck stop, just doesn’t have the solid “heft” my old one did, which was bought around 97ish. I replaced many cords on that thing and just kept talking. The old one felt like it was made from Bakelite while this new one is 100% Cheap thin plastic.

Reactions: Slowmover
The new one, which was indeed in a blister pack hanging in a TA truck stop, just doesn’t have the solid “heft” my old one did, which was bought around 97ish. I replaced many cords on that thing and just kept talking. The old one felt like it was made from Bakelite while this new one is 100% Cheap thin plastic.

Then, what you have isn’t what I bought circa 2014 or 1996.

I didn’t test old vs new asking for audio comparisons. I gave the old one to my son along with a chrome 29 LTD I’d taken in trade.

Had Clay check the radio first.

With but a Little Wil, it sounds pretty good. (Hell, it’s a Cobra).

For clarity: there is a dirt cheap lookalike out there offered alongside the blister pack 56.

NO

8796EA3C-DA9C-462A-88E9-A6FDBE094BD1.jpeg

YES
8107E4D1-28FC-4290-AF15-CEE44C520A27.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 144inBama

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.