• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wine sound

Ziploc

Mar 19, 2016
Hello guys, need help trying to figure out this strange noise in my new linc 2 plus. Mic gain wide open barefoot all good no noise or wine sound . Turn box on mic gain max out weird noises . Back off mic gain to 3 o’clock all good no weird noise. Does it with or without talk back on or off.

I don’t have that radio (yet) but when I get unexplained noises the coax is the first thing I check.

Unplug and touch ONLY center conductor to radio (all precautions applied).

Same for power. Remove coax entirely (precautions) and see if it’s power-related.

Reactions: Ziploc
I don’t have that radio (yet) but when I get unexplained noises the coax is the first thing I check.

Unplug and touch ONLY center conductor to radio (all precautions applied).

Same for power. Remove coax entirely (precautions) and see if it’s power-related.
Ok. My comp cobra never did this . I’ll check

Reactions: Slowmover
Stock mic? All modes?
Mine is never above 32 with any mic, it just gets crunchy and picks up more background noise. Especially mobile.

Turn the mic gain down so it doesn't squeal. Adjust the dead key to get the modulation you want. A second radio with headphones and no antenna will let you hear what you sound like and will help you set the audio level and dead key. This way you can get the most out of it without sounding crunchy. I would not operate my base station without it.

Turn the mic gain down so it doesn't squeal. Adjust the dead key to get the modulation you want. A second radio with headphones and no antenna will let you hear what you sound like and will help you set the audio level and dead key. This way you can get the most out of it without sounding crunchy. I would not operate my base station without it.
Do you have to use headphones?

Do you have the Talkback function ON on the Lincoln 2? Just sounds like feedback. Turn off the TB.

Also may help to move amp further away from radio.

Try using headphones on the Lincoln 2 does the sound go away?

So I installed my 4 pin noise canceling on the radio and the noise stopped with mic gain maxed out. I bought a adapter 6 to 4 pin

Reactions: Slowmover

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.