• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Winter Storm Q Weather net

kd-5-bgt

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Nov 10, 2007
Joplin Missouri area
I have been hearing weather nets for the winter storm on 80 meters this morning

3978 on the 30 minute mark every hour

3973 and 3968 are a couple of more frequencies I have heard

Starting to get nasty here,started well before daylight with about 1/16 inch of freezing rain and changed to sleet ,about 1/2 of sleet so far ...high today 33 so not alot of melting is gonna happen :cry:

No getting out of the house for me....guess I will play radio for a while :D

It has not started here yet in Chicago illinois but it is supposed to get pretty interesting tonight here, expecting 3-6 inches of snow...

If that is the same storm that bulldozed it`s way through CA, buckle down.
I got 6" of snow in a little over 7 hours the other day.
Lady next door slid off driveway, got stuck and It took a couple of hours to dig/jack/pull her out before I could get out.
Be safe.

Jeff

If that is the same storm that bulldozed it`s way through CA, buckle down.
I got 6" of snow in a little over 7 hours the other day.
Lady next door slid off driveway, got stuck and It took a couple of hours to dig/jack/pull her out before I could get out.
Be safe.

Jeff

6 inches in 7 hours hey Jeff? Up here that is almost time to break out the broom and sweep off the steps. :laugh:

Looks like we're getting rain when it comes this way. We already got 30" with the last big system so I'll take the rain. Stay safe fellas.

Well we ended up with about a total of 1/8 inch of freezing rain and about 1 3/4 inch of sleet.......23 degrees at the moment ( 5:30 AM local )

Had nets going on 80 meters well into the evening,might still have some going this morning as well,havent had a chance to scan around to find out

woke up to my van being 3 inches taller, if it wasnt for the radio antenna on it i may not have seen my van since it is white as the snow
still snowing in chicago

here we go again today in the chicago area, supposed to start by late morning in chicago and continue thru the night, expected to start as freezing rain then change to all snow then possibly end as freezing rain.... my rear wheel drive chevy astro should be quite fun later today...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated