• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wire Antenna lengths

Happy_Hamer

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 22, 2001
Use the attached Excel spreadsheet to calculate what lengths to avoid when puting up a long wire. This spread sheet was made by W4TME for the Icom AH-4 tuner. Antenna theory is Antenna Theory so this will work for any antenna tuner. Just read the directions and DO NOT USE THE LENGHTS LISTED IN GREY WHITE AND RED THOSE ARE THE AVOIDED LENGTHS, USE THE "WIRE WINDOWS" ON THE CHART!

Attachments

• AH-4 Graphical Wire Length Calculator 2.2.xls
    67 KB · Views: 204

Any particular reason why my post was deleted?

I was NOT asking for a pirated copy of Excel. I was asking for someone to save the xls file in Microsoft Works Spreadsheet format, and re-post it. Works *should* be able to open it already, I have done it with other xls files, so I'm not sure what the deal is.

As far as I know your post was not deleted? The forum did suffer an attack yesterday which caused threads to be deleted because we had to restart from a back up from a few days ago.

As for the word document, if converted it will not work properly because this excel spread sheet allows user input for a specific frequency then calculates what lengths to avoid.

You can download the Free Microsoft Excel Viewer which will Open, view, and print Excel workbooks, even if you don't have Excel installed.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...f4-996c-4569-b547-75edbd03aaf0&displaylang=EN

Let me know if that helps?

You can download the Free Microsoft Excel Viewer which will Open, view, and print Excel workbooks, even if you don't have Excel installed.

You could, but...

Open Office does everything Micro$oft office does, for free. And not one penny of that free goes to Bill Gates.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.