• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wireman vs. Antenna Farm

Redeye

Oct 8, 2009
South 'Bama
Has anyone had experience with either or both of these companies?

I placed an online order with the Antenna Farm first for coax, they charged my credit card immediately and after 5 days still has not shipped, nor will they answer any of my emails.

I placed the same order with the Wireman after no reply from the Antenna Farm and they immediately got back with me to confirm my order and it shipped the same day. (y)

I just wondered if anyone else has had experience with the Antenna Farm, good or bad. :pop:

Last edited:

The Wireman has an excellent rep as far as I know. I've bought several items from him in person at large SE hamfests.

Never heard of the other place.

I've used the 'Antenna Farm' before but it was before they moved. Can't complain about then, no idea about now...
- 'Doc

Antenna Farm had the best price on LMR400 a few years back or was it 9913...don't remember. But they were quick to deliver.

I've also bought several things from The Wire Man and no complaints about them either.

I have done business with the Wireman for the antennas I have made for my friends. I have nothing but glowing comments for him and he is very knowledgeable and willing to help some of us that lack all the knowledge about wires and cables. The other company I have also heard good things about so I would not be afraid of either one.

I've done business with antenna farm a few times. Have had very good service. My last order they didnt get it shipped that day, and he uped my shipping to make up the time for free

I've placed a few orders over the years with The Antenna Farm also and always received prompt, courteous service. It's been a year or so since I last placed an order though so I don't know what their service is like at the present time.

I ordered 2 sections of pre assembled Belden 9913F7 from the Antenna Farm.

The UHF connectors were pooly soldered. The worst part is this vendor drop ships from other suppliers, so he never sees what he is sending you.

Sent from my phone.

I liked the Antenna Farm's website, seemed like a good small American "Mom and Pop" company. They've received my many emails, because I get the standard "we've received your email and will reply shortly" replies back. I'll try calling them Monday and first make sure everything is ok with "Mom and Pop", then inquire about my order. With small companies like this, I don't want to get nasty, only to learn a family member has been in an accident or the hospital.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.