• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

wiring d 104 hand mike to icom radio

• Thread starter honkytonkman593
  • Start date
H

honkytonkman593

i need to know how to wire the d 104 to a icom 706 mobile radio which has the module plug. any info helpful

</p>

It uses the same 8 pin modular that's used for computer networks. You can get those at Lowe's and the crimping tool. On Astatics web site, download the full mic wiring in Adobe pdf format and they have the 706 listed. You use 4,5,6 & 7 pin of the modular.

Red=4; Shield=5; White=6; Blue=7. A little tip, get some small heat shrink tubing for the ground/shield wire. That will help it guide and make better contact with the contacts when you crimp it.

BTW.... I've tried the 104 and the 575 and they don't sound very good on the 706 I've got. The range is so much different on the Icom's.

Hope this helps.

CDX-350

2AK3350

1698707.jpg
</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.