• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Workman DM 1000 echo mic

Chainsawgang

Jan 19, 2007
Georgia
Hey Folks,

Do any of you guys have some tips for setting one of these up? I think (please correct me if I'm wrong) the VR 2 is for power? And the VR 3 is for the talkback (which I would think you set last) I started on it last night . I have used them on Uniden 510's & 520's before and they are quite tedious to get right. The 510 & 520 do not have mic gain so,.....it is very tricky to set the mic . But, have done it & as I recall it takes time.
Oh yeah , one more thing when my screwdriver is on the VR 2 pot the mic sounds great as soon as I remove the screwdriver the mic goes crazy .
Any tips ?? or encouragement ? I hope some of you guys have been here before.

I broke the adjustment pod for talkback now its wide open all the time when i dont want talk back how can i disable the feature alltogether

I broke the adjustment pod for talkback now its wide open all the time when i dont want talk back how can i disable the feature alltogether
I think you may be referring to the "pot" or short for potentiometer? You might try removing the vr/pot and see what the result it. Experiment with it.

I didn't know the dm-1000 had a talkback feature, I remember those having a pot for the gain and another for the echo inside.

Yup its for the talkback volume and when it broke it just fell to peices so as i said before its out and the talkback volume is all the way up too loud to use at all and i want to disable this feature in the mic itself

Looks like I’ve obligated myself to sooner or later buy ever durned mobile mic out there.

Just hooked this up in a Florida truckstop and cranked the juice to squee-all . . do my part as a three-day Floridian.

Wasn’t hard to rough in with two reports (full featured CB).

Squeal was like doing a burn-out.

02877A15-6858-4A5A-82E3-4509D3ABE526.jpeg

One larger retailer dropped them due to returns. Ground the gear, or else!! is their suggestion.

The HQ alternative is now generally unavailable (EC-2018)

Last edited:
Looks like I’ve obligated myself to sooner or later buy ever durned mobile mic out there.

Just hooked this up in a Florida truckstop and cranked the juice to squee-all . . do my part as a three-day Floridian.

Wasn’t hard to rough in with two reports (full featured CB).

Squeal was like doing a burn-out.

View attachment 47043

One larger retailer dropped them due to returns. Ground the gear, or else!! is their suggestion.

The HQ alternative is now generally unavailable (EC-2018)

There's actually a mod to remedy the issue in those microphones. It's the same mod as with the 452, a simple disc capacitor between the audio and ground just can't recall right off what the cap value is.

It's still not a 2018 though

Adding a disc capacitor or any capacitor is cutting down the mic gain the same results can be acheived by lowering the mic gain porentiometer on the mic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.