• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Workman SWR-Digital

moviking

Nov 24, 2011
Table Rock Lake, Branson mo area
Testing out my DX99V with a workman watt - swr meter (on hold function for pic)
Amp on, 85 wt dk, (whistle peak swing reading shown, regular talking about 285) using my 300 Gray on hi.
Barefoot dk 3wt. And yes I know it's not a bird, but you can't mount a bird this clean. imho

99W.png

if its within .2 or better measuring vswr and within %10-%15 measuring power it's just fine for my use . doing a quick search i didn't find it on their homepage or any other info about it on the WWW . any info/links on where its sold will be appreciated . it looks nice and it is a clean little box as you said .

thanks for posting it ;)

As always, thanks for the replys

The swr reads the same as my other meters +or - .1

Still waiting on my bird 1K element but my 100 element shows dk with amp @ 82w

As for RF leakage, me too, any way to check other than me starting to glow ?

And there not made anymore, aries took over, this is what I did find......

The Aries A-SWR 460 Digital Power/SWR Meter...No Calabration Needed

EDIT: To add, one thing I really like about this guy is since my gray is out of line of site, I can tell by keying if I have it on & where it's set, low/med/high, works for me.

Last edited:
The Spec says 500 watts max, but mine reads 640 before it tops out.
The Workman model has a brighter display, the Aries is not as bright and tends to "wash out" in bright sunlight.

Jeff

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.