• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

worldwide

Dec 22, 2006
hello to all.... i just got a worldwide 100 amp power supply and a worldwide 5 pill the box will do good when hooked to a 100 amp xforce power supply with the ww ps the volt drop to much what can i do to keep them from droping so much it like 18.5 and drops to about 12v like to keep the up thanks for any help......

hello to all.... i just got a worldwide 100 amp power supply and a worldwide 5 pill the box will do good when hooked to a 100 amp xforce power supply with the ww ps the volt drop to much what can i do to keep them from droping so much it like 18.5 and drops to about 12v like to keep the up thanks for any help......

That power supply is probably unregulated in which case there is nothing you can do short of rebuilding the power supply and including a voltage regulator which is no small task when dealing with 100 amps or so.

since you just got it hopefully you got it new . on their site they say that power supply will...

Power Supply
Non-regulated, 110V
Can run up to MF-600.
Power supplies float around 18vdc and drop to around 14vdc with a load.

Power Supplies by World Wide Amplifiers

the MF-600 is a 6x2879 amp . it should have no problem with the 1x4 you have . id contact them to tell them you have a defective device . let us know how they treat you .

Contact Us

a member here named Psycho is involved with that company . maybe he can help .

BTW . 100 amps is enough to drive a cb amp to 1000 watts typically . way way way more than four 2879 finals can cleanly produce

since you just got it hopefully you got it new . on their site they say that power supply will...

Power Supply
Non-regulated, 110V
Can run up to MF-600.
Power supplies float around 18vdc and drop to around 14vdc with a load.

Power Supplies by World Wide Amplifiers

the MF-600 is a 6x2879 amp . it should have no problem with the 1x4 you have . id contact them to tell them you have a defective device . let us know how they treat you .

Contact Us

a member here named Psycho is involved with that company . maybe he can help .

BTW . 100 amps is enough to drive a cb amp to 1000 watts typically . way way way more than four 2879 finals can cleanly produce
Could not have said it any plainer than that.
sounds as if you're driving the output stage too hard.

couldnt he just add another electrolytic cap or two?

arent these power supplies just transformers, rectifiers and caps?

so, since the power supply "works", that means that the transformer(s) is doing its job, the rectifiers are doing their job, but the power supply cant handle the load.

to me that says that either the transformer is not up to the challenge, or there is not enough capacitance to smooth out the ripple and keep the voltage up.

i am just guessing, never owned a power supply like these before.
LC

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.