• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

worst class C amp ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BOOTY MONSTER

theres tons of threads by folks asking which amp brand to buy , which is best etc. etc.
what amp do you think is the worst , or among the worst , of the class c amps ?

and why ?

theres tons of threads by folks asking which amp brand to buy , which is best etc. etc.
what amp do you think is the worst , or among the worst , of the class c amps ?

and why ?

200246533-001.jpg
:D

Only thing I see that separates one from the other is the skill/time put into putting the parts on the board.

So obviously builders such as Zman, or AMpower FAIL, where some of the others, Joker, or maybe linearone's boxes which we know they put a little pride into workmanship..

LOL, did I just compare Zman with AMPower... ewps.....

:pop::pop:

Only thing I see that separates one from the other is the skill/time put into putting the parts on the board.

So obviously builders such as Zman, or AMpower FAIL, where some of the others, Joker, or maybe linearone's boxes which we know they put a little pride into workmanship..

LOL, did I just compare Zman with AMPower... ewps.....

:pop::pop:

He said class C, I rarely mess with anymore;)

He said class C, I rarely mess with anymore;)

Well since I've only seen your Class C biased amps, except 1 maybe, I can only speak in a historical sense. Besides, even if properly biased amps catch on, the same will apply.... You will have your copy-cat assemblers 80+%, then you will have a few with the knowledge and skill that the rest will copy.

I like my worldwide i have hade the cover off of that to install a ssb delay and it is very very clean in their. works great no problems here(y)

worst classc hands down =snowcap.
for his lousy running boxes,that drew many a complaint .many blew up /had to be reworked.

hey my worst 2 amps ever

was a big dawg 1x2 had it over 4 years never had a problem
then it went out
adam "fixed it"
never worked right again

2 bigggest pieces of :w00t:

Observation: "Great minds discuss ideas, mediocre minds converse about events, small minds talk about people".

First, I don't own anything here, moderate any sections or, set any policies around here but, I would address my statement and questions to those who do.

For 18 months, a thread was allowed to run ( http://www.worldwidedx.com/amplifiers/35189-ampower-amps.html ) in which the whole purpose of the thread was to slam, personally attack and, denigrate other individuals. No sooner than that thread was closed, another opens up (this one) following the same theme.

In the past when this message board was owned (?) and / or managed by different individuals there were separate forums for Tube amplifiers and Solid State devices; in the tube section, there were people looking for help and, others were there to learn but, I never saw one manufacturer or retailer of quality tube equipment post a single message trying to "Dog" the other manufacturer or user of the other products.

In the "Sandbox" Transisor forum, the children threw dirt on each other and claimed that their newly invented copy of the wheel was better than the other guy's clone-copy.

In other words, "Mr. Ameritron" never tried to belittle "Mr. Yaesu" or "Mr. Kenwood" or, "Mr. Henry" in order to try to sell units. Nor does Mssr. "Ameritron, Henry, Drake, Yeasu, Kenwood et al" have sycophantic hangers-on running around in Cheer-Leading Tee-Shirts posting personal pictures (I betcha that those personal-pic-posters have "Mullets" themselves). I predict, let unchecked, this thread will submerge itself in the same cesspool.

In conclusion for those who's attention span suffers or who themselves lack the intellectual abilities to understand what I said, "Grow up" and get a life; your "Sales Techniques" are showing.

ETA: Owners/Mods/Admins, is this what you want in your "Amateur" related section?

Last edited:
ETA: Owners/Mods/Admins, is this what you want in your "Amateur" related section?

The content seems to fit the definition.

amateur

Pronunciation: \ˈa-mə-(ˌ)tər, -ˌtu̇r, -ˌtyu̇r, -ˌchu̇r, -chər\
Function: noun
Etymology: French, from Latin amator lover, from amare to love
Date: 1784
1 : devotee, admirer
2 :one who engages in a pursuit, study, science, or sport as a pastime rather than as a profession
3 : one lacking in experience and competence in an art or science

Pronunciation: \ˈa-mə-(ˌ)tər, -ˌtu̇r, -ˌtyu̇r, -ˌchu̇r, -chər\
Function: noun
Etymology: French, from Latin amator lover, from amare to love
Date: 1784
1 : devotee, admirer
2 : one who engages in a pursuit, study, science, or sport as a pastime rather than as a profession
3 : one lacking in experience and competence in an art or science

Observation: "Great minds discuss ideas, mediocre minds converse about events, small minds talk about people".

Starting off with insults seems completely contrary to the point your attempting to make :whistle:

First, I don't own anything here, moderate any sections or, set any policies around here but, I would address my statement and questions to those who do.

For 18 months, a thread was allowed to run ( http://www.worldwidedx.com/amplifiers/35189-ampower-amps.html ) in which the whole purpose of the thread was to slam, personally attack and, denigrate other individuals. No sooner than that thread was closed, another opens up (this one) following the same theme.

I would tend to agree, that thread was a bit much, and was strictly intended as you observed. However I think this subject is valid, and depending on participants could serve a purpose. Though it will probably degrade, and should probably just be removed/locked.

In the past when this message board was owned (?) and / or managed by different individuals there were separate forums for Tube amplifiers and Solid State devices; in the tube section, there were people looking for help and, others were there to learn but, I never saw one manufacturer or retailer of quality tube equipment post a single message trying to "Dog" the other manufacturer or user of the other products.

The problem here is the nature of the beast, you have supposed "commercial builders" that don't have the knowledge to build the product. They use Tin Snips to shear PCB, poor RF techniques in assembly. Have no idea how to properly tune input/output. All of this as they pedal their wares at prices that a "properly" built equivalent could be had.

These individuals are OFTEN protected by the Forums they frequent, if any negative comments are posted, the users are typically banned and the posts go missing.

If a thread like this educates one individual enough to make decision to spend money on one of these poorly built "amplifiers" I think the thread was worthwhile.

In the "Sandbox" Transisor forum, the children threw dirt on each other and claimed that their newly invented copy of the wheel was better than the other guy's clone-copy.

Again, nature of the beast, not that I would agree with these methods, however, If said "Sandbox" were actually filled with sand, there would be no "dirt" to sling. This is where a moderator/administrators earns the money. :oops:

In other words, "Mr. Ameritron" never tried to belittle "Mr. Yaesu" or "Mr. Kenwood" or, "Mr. Henry" in order to try to sell units. Nor does Mssr. "Ameritron, Henry, Drake, Yeasu, Kenwood et al" have sycophantic hangers-on running around in Cheer-Leading Tee-Shirts posting personal pictures (I betcha that those personal-pic-posters have "Mullets" themselves). I predict, let unchecked, this thread will submerge itself in the same cesspool.

Seriously???? Comparing the individuals above to personalities such as "AM Power" LOL... Oh, and for the record, I've NEVER had a "Mullet" :LOL:

In conclusion for those who's attention span suffers or who themselves lack the intellectual abilities to understand what I said, "Grow up" and get a life; your "Sales Techniques" are showing.

Ahhh.... Nicely done, trying to make a point and then using the same tactics you are campaigning against.... I believe there are some "Big" words to describe that :whistle:

Citizens Band Related > General CB Services Discussion > worst class C amp ?????

Come one now, while it may be loosely bonded to the "Amateur" related section, that is about it. do you actually expect those "CB'rs to live up to your "Ham" standards?

On a little less sarcastic level, I do agree with you to a point, however your method, and ideology is certainly flawed. You've brought this thread closer to what your "complaining" about by attacking individual members that have participated.

To properly have made your point, in an "Adult" manner you should have left out the insults and personal attacks.:oops:

pot-kettle-black.jpg

Starting off with insults seems completely contrary to the point your attempting to make :whistle:

I would tend to agree, that thread was a bit much, and was strictly intended as you observed. However I think this subject is valid, and depending on participants could serve a purpose. Though it will probably degrade, and should probably just be removed/locked.

The problem here is the nature of the beast, you have supposed "commercial builders" that don't have the knowledge to build the product. They use Tin Snips to shear PCB, poor RF techniques in assembly. Have no idea how to properly tune input/output. All of this as they pedal their wares at prices that a "properly" built equivalent could be had.

These individuals are OFTEN protected by the Forums they frequent, if any negative comments are posted, the users are typically banned and the posts go missing.

If a thread like this educates one individual enough to make decision to spend money on one of these poorly built "amplifiers" I think the thread was worthwhile.

Again, nature of the beast, not that I would agree with these methods, however, If said "Sandbox" were actually filled with sand, there would be no "dirt" to sling. This is where a moderator/administrators earns the money. :oops:

Seriously???? Comparing the individuals above to personalities such as "AM Power" LOL... Oh, and for the record, I've NEVER had a "Mullet" :LOL:

Ahhh.... Nicely done, trying to make a point and then using the same tactics you are campaigning against.... I believe there are some "Big" words to describe that :whistle:

Citizens Band Related > General CB Services Discussion > worst class C amp ?????

Come one now, while it may be loosely bonded to the "Amateur" related section, that is about it. do you actually expect those "CB'rs to live up to your "Ham" standards?

On a little less sarcastic level, I do agree with you to a point, however your method, and ideology is certainly flawed. You've brought this thread closer to what your "complaining" about by attacking individual members that have participated.

To properly have made your point, in an "Adult" manner you should have left out the insults and personal attacks.:oops:

I have to agree with you for the most part but, I did not "attack" anyone personally or individually but, I did attack the IDEA that the actions would be repeated; my "assault" was on the sensibilities.

I went "South" here, my message was supposed to be directed to "The powers that be". My apologies to the Moderation staff, they don't have any attention span problems (maybe I do). What I intended to say was, "THEY" (the Sandbox kids) need to "Grow up and get a life, THEIR sales techniques were showing".

Let's tell it like it is, if you want to sell a product, do it the right way, by promoting your items, not by stabbing the other guy in the back. I have absolutely no respect for the people who attempt to use this message board as an advertising outlet in a "Signifying/spamming" fashion.

If you have something to sell, do like Jerry and Adam did in the past, sponsor yourself a section in forum and promote your product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.