• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wouxun KG-UVD1P Software Mod

KG-UV3D and unlock software

Regarding the use of the KG-UVD1P software or the unlock software, It is my understandting that the largest difference between all the models available: KG-UVD1P, KG-UV2D or the KG-UV3D is purely cosmetic. The internal workings of the radio are the same. Albeit there are some firmware enhancements ( the later 2D and 3D models have a customizable Welcome screen) but the radio performance and limits apprear to all be the same. I have one of all versions in the same 350-470 band and all work the same, just look different.

Mark

hello everbody?

i testede the program on mine, i could send on 0-999 Mhz, but i dont know if it is a good thing?

KG-UV2D

I have the new KG-UV2D model. I talked to the guy who sold it to me from his business and he told me that there is a mod for this radio to transmit out of band just like the 1d version does. He said I had to google the model number with the words unblocking to find the software. I still have not found the software yet and that is how I found this site. He did say once you download the software there will be 2 windows 1 on which your radio can do now and the other window on what the radio is capable of doing. He said you merge both windows together and the radio will transmit out of band just like the 1d version.

My problem is I have not found this software yet. Does anyone know where this software is?

I have the new KG-UV2D model. I talked to the guy who sold it to me from his business and he told me that there is a mod for this radio to transmit out of band just like the 1d version does. He said I had to google the model number with the words unblocking to find the software. I still have not found the software yet and that is how I found this site. He did say once you download the software there will be 2 windows 1 on which your radio can do now and the other window on what the radio is capable of doing. He said you merge both windows together and the radio will transmit out of band just like the 1d version.

My problem is I have not found this software yet. Does anyone know where this software is?

Try the software here and see if it works. Chances are good that it will. Report back the results.

Got a couple of KG-UV3 units and had not too much trouble getting one of them unlocked and programmed with amateur, GMRS, FRS, MURS and WX frequencies but now have a question.

I got a cloning cable with my order and thought that the proper use of the cable was to simply plug the two radios together and turn them on. That's a non-starter. Doesn't work that easy. However, I can find no procedure for cloning the programmed unit to the unprogrammed unit anywhere!

Does someone know where I can find these instructions?

Thanks.

KG-UV3D

I just bought the Wouxun KG-UV3D radio and used the SW with no problems. I was able to open the radio up to Tx/Rx on the GMRS frequencies! Now my wife and I can use the radios at 5w instead of the .5w radios.
Thanks
Dennis
K0daa / WPTF890

Wire Clone Function

Got a couple of KG-UV3 units and had not too much trouble getting one of them unlocked and programmed with amateur, GMRS, FRS, MURS and WX frequencies but now have a question.

I got a cloning cable with my order and thought that the proper use of the cable was to simply plug the two radios together and turn them on. That's a non-starter. Doesn't work that easy. However, I can find no procedure for cloning the programmed unit to the unprogrammed unit anywhere!

Does someone know where I can find these instructions?

Thanks.

Did try reading page 43 of your instruction manual... :pop:

Wire Clone Function

Did try reading page 43 of your instruction manual... :pop:

As a matter of fact I have, many, many times and those instructions simply will NOT work. It is apparent to me that you either do not have a cloning cable or have never used it. That's obvious or you wouldn't have suggested I 'read the manual' knowing the instructions wouldn't work.

HOWEVER, for all you folks out there, including Moleculo, who do not know the answer to my original question, I have located the correct instructions that WORK with the cloning cable. Seems it is a bit of Chinese/English translating that FUBAR'd the whole works. Confucius got it wrong here. Who would have thought that, huh?

Wouxun's cloning instructions on page 43 of the manual are not only unclear, but are simply INCORRECT! So much for technical writers...

Here's a link you can find the correct procedure for using the cloning cable: Cloning the Wouxun KG-UVD1P - Blogospheric Refraction

Google rocks!

You're welcome.

As a matter of fact I have, many, many times and those instructions simply will NOT work. It is apparent to me that you either do not have a cloning cable or have never used it. That's obvious or you wouldn't have suggested I 'read the manual' knowing the instructions wouldn't work.
SO now you think your mister know it all by saying it obvious I never have cloned any radios,really??? I did 35 of them for the Boy Scouts of America, it only took me once to figure it out,after have letting go of the "MONI" button that it stop cloning that you have to hold it down till it was done.
And in your first post asking for help Quoting you-"I got a cloning cable with my order and thought that the proper use of the cable was to simply plug the two radios together and turn them on. That's a non-starter. Doesn't work that easy. However, I can find no procedure for cloning the programmed unit to the unprogrammed unit anywhere!"
YOU NEVER mentioned once, you could not figure out the manual instructions,maybe because you didn't want to admit it. yes a simple mistake in the manual, anyone with commonsense could figure out. but it's all your fault for never stating the manual instructions were not working for you and I would of kindly told the one missing step (even though I'm Chinese:tongue:)
Next time you decide to hack anyone here you should take a closer look at yourself before you go pointing a finger.

Whoa there MiBham. Don't get your panties in a wad. I didn't call you names or anything of the sort like you did to me, I simply pointed out that the instructions are NOT correct. Maybe I'm stupid for following instructions E X A C T L Y as the manufacture wrote them. Words mean things. If you checked out the link I referenced you can see there are other stupid people out there too. Not all of us are Chinese...

Anyway, I got it working after finding someone who referenced the CORRECT method and that problem is solved. Now anyone reading this thread will not have to 'experiment' with the written instructions as I and others have done.

Now for another problem that I and a lot of other folks have been having and that is printing out the frequency list from Wouxun's software program. It seems that some people can get only three pages of their listing to print when four are required and other problems. I finally found a workaround for anyone having printing problems.

I found and downloaded a small program called 'CutePDF' and installed it. Now from Wouxun's program when I chose 'print' I get a choice of printers, the 'cutepdf printer' being one of them. Printing to that printer I get a pdf file of my frequency list right on my desktop (or wherever you want it) and the listing is COMPLETE. Just that quick and easy. Another problem solved.

Also, for the more adventurous of you, there is a mod for making the modulation a bit cleaner and brighter with more highs. You can find it at
http://www.muntronde.nl/wouxun.pdf There are other mods on that site for these radios too.

Last edited:
Programming Cable

Which programming cable can you use to run this mod program? Can you use the USB or do you have to use the serial cable? Hope you can use USB cause no modern pc's have serial ports any more. Thanks

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated