• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wouxun KG-UVD1P Software Mod

Here is the software you need to program the Wouxun KG-UVD1P (and other models) for extended transmit and receive.

Download the attached file and rename the file extension to .exe. Simply run it with your interface cable and radio attached. Input valid frequency ranges for both TX and RX for your radio model (check Wouxun KG-UVD1P & KG-UVD2 for info) and download to your radio.

The allowed frequency range variations for the KG-UVD1P are:
2m/440 version
144-148 & 420-450 (TX)
136-174 & 350-470 (RX/TX)
136-174 & 400-480 (RX/TX)
136-174 & 420-520 (RX/TX)
136-174 & 400-470 (RX/TX)
136-174 & 350-470 (RX/TX)
144-146 & 430-440 (RX/TX)
2m/220 version

136-174 & 245-250 (RX/TX)
136-174 & 216-280 (RX/TX)
136-174 & 225-226 (RX/TX)

Note: the software does not have any settings to specify COM port. I had to also open the Wouxun memory editor software, specify the port and then make several attempts to write the frequency ranges until the software figured out which port to use. You just have to fool around with it and it will eventually work.

EDIT: A new version has been attached called 1KG-XXX-unlock.exe. I have verified that this also works on my radio. There are no COM port settings on this version, but if you keep hitting the Read Radio button it finds the correct COM port by trial and error. Once you've found it using the Read function, it will write using the same port. The buttons on the left are translated from top to bottom as "Open File", "Save File", "Read Radio", "Write Radio".
It is not posible to simply "change the file extension" as you instruct. Renaming the file does not chamge the "type" file and does not change the file extension.

It is not posible to simply "change the file extension" as you instruct. Renaming the file does not chamge the "type" file and does not change the file extension.

I'm not sure what you're doing, but the attached file is an executable file that has the extension renamed to allow posting and downloading. If you rename the extension back to .exe, it will allow you to run it. This is assuming, of course, that you have the knowledge of how to set Windows Explorer to allow you to manage file types / extensions.

It's worked for all of the thousands of others that have downloaded the file already. (44,000 views at the time of this post)

Why your downloaded frequency-range software failed

Hello all,
Finally got my new UVD1P tonight and thought I'd at least look at the frequency mod software. I downloaded it, renamed it to .exe, but what??? it wouldn't run.
Looked inside the file (hex editor program) and it's all html in plain text! Renamed it to whatever.html and loaded it in my browser, and surprise! it's a web page telling me I can't download the file unless I'm logged in.

So... I created this account, activated my membership (responded to an email) and THIS TIME, the download is a real .exe file (named .ex_ until I renamed it).

So if you're logged in, easy download of working warez. If not, everything seems to go okay but you don't get an actual program.

Good luck!
Clark, Seattle

Renaming works just fine.

Highlight file, select rename, ensure your cursor is at the end of the filename, delete "_" character, type "e" (don't enter quotes in either case", hit enter. You should now have an application file.

If your computer is not displaying the ".ex_" portion of the filename go through the rename process and ensure you rename it as "1KG-xxx-unlock.exe" (again without quotes). This should work.

Changing file types

Changing file types in windows XP:
Open folder with file in it.
Navigate to: Tools>folder options>view
Scroll to "Hide extensions for known types" and uncheck.
Click "apply"
You should now be able to see and change file types.
(see image)

Attachments

• File Types.bmp
    714.1 KB · Views: 359
Last edited:
Wouxun KG-UV3D-2/420-520

Looking for software to unlock KG-UV3D. Can the KG-UVD1P modification unlock be used for the KG-UV3D

Thanks

KJ4LPR

Looking for software to unlock KG-UV3D. Can the KG-UVD1P modification unlock be used for the KG-UV3D

Thanks

KJ4LPR
I'm new to this all too (first post and just got callsign two days ago), but if you'd have read this thread you would have seen your question has been answered a few times already.

Did anyone ever provide an answer? I have the same problem. Can't open the EX_ software to unlock the radio.

Mole,

You may want to change the link with the ex_ on the original post. The rest of my hair fell out trying that. It weren't werkin'...

Even after finally getting the extension changed I kept getting "win32" error messages and it wouldn't open. I read and read through this tread, and someone posted this link 1KG-xxx-unlock.exe and it fired right up... The menu popped up with the outside limits already in the text boxes, I simply hit "Write[radio]" and it was done. First shot, no com port hit/miss or anything.

BTW, this new KG-UV3D is physically different than my KG-UVD1-P. Different case, slightly larger. Haven't diddle'd with it enough to find any other differences.

Still looks pretty close which is nice because as long as I don't have the two sitting side by side, the wife thinks I only have ONE! I'm sure to screw up and be seen with both during programming, etc... so be prepared. If she asks, they're on sale for $12.... Good?

Unlock working with KG-639E

Hi folks :)

Has anybody got any experience on using this unlock software on the KG-639E? I have the C3 version.
When I set the ranges it says "write success" (tried with both versions),
but when I set the specified frequencies with the programing software (via usb-prog cable) I get an error promt saying "out of range".

It's a cheap radio, I know..
None the less I'd like to have the opportunity to reprogram my backup hunting radio to be used on the PMR446 bands for some god ol' family fun ;)

Any help is much apreciated.

Sincerely
Abiectus

My appologies for the lack of a questionmark in the heading.
I recognise the potential misunderstanding of the intention of my initial post.

Hi folks :)

Has anybody got any experience on using this unlock software on the KG-639E? I have the C3 version.
When I set the ranges it says "write success" (tried with both versions),
but when I set the specified frequencies with the programing software (via usb-prog cable) I get an error promt saying "out of range".

It's a cheap radio, I know..
None the less I'd like to have the opportunity to reprogram my backup hunting radio to be used on the PMR446 bands for some god ol' family fun ;)

Any help is much apreciated.

Sincerely
Abiectus

I searched around but I wasn't able to find anything. Perhaps an email to Wouxun from their website would result in some answers?

Thank you for your effort moleculo.

I am (regretfully) starting to realize that I am coming up short here.
Did some more searching and I don't think this particular radio can carry the UHF band. The antenna is marked as a VHF 136-174 antenna, so maybe the radio simply isn't fitted with an UHF board/thingy (you techies now the term, I'm shure ;) )

To be honest, maybe this is just the excuse I'm looking for to buy the KG-UVD1P. Then I'll have one radio that handles both bands at the same time...
(not that rambling on the radio with my kids while I'm deer hunting sounds like a good idea though :redface: )

Sincerely
abiectus

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.