• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wow! Dual band Chinese mobile - KT-8900 - $15CAN!!

Now C $12.99. Either a Alibaba (China) product dump, big announcement today in Toronto or a SCAM as mentioned. We'll get our money back if it turns out bad, leaving eBay most likely eating the loss.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Dual-Band-136-174-400-480MHz-FM-Transceiver-Mobile-Two-way-Radio-Walkie-Talkie-3/162685993618?_trkparms=aid=777003&algo=DISCL.MBE&ao=2&asc=20170831090935&meid=da9c2c18226a41178de4ccda261d3ab1&pid=100012&rk=3&rkt=12&sd=263226350536&_trksid=p2047675.c100012.m1985
It may be a scam. After all, shipping to the US would be practically the same cost of the radio. Meaning the seller is just giving them away at that price. We will see . . .

It is interesting that all the sellers that are selling it for less than $20 only have one for sale and it is the "last one". Those selling for over $100 have multiple units.

I used the pay after delivery option and they wait for my approval before payment.
If it is a beat up customer return but it still works I probably won't care.

A while back, I ordered 2 Baofeng UV-5RA dual band walkie talkies for 19.99 each from a China company I have done business with before. I also ordered 2 hand mics and the programming cable with CD for an additional $ 8.95. Free shipping. It all arrived in less than a week, and was as advertised. New in the original boxes. Works great.

I don't understand why everyone on this forum is so hesitant to order something from China. I have ordered many things off Ebay and Alibaba from China sellers, and only had one item not show up. The company immediately refunded my $$, so no problem. The item eventually did show up, so something happened in the mail loop. I contacted the seller, and offered to pay, but they refused and apologized for the delay. What more could you ask for ??

Last edited:
I don't have any more of a problem ordering from China than I do from any where else really. I have gotten many items direct from suppliers there and there was no issue. You just have to make sure the item is up to what you want. It just looks odd in this case where something is SO much cheaper than anyone else is selling them for and all those cheap sellers only have one item left. The sellers selling for over $100 have multiple units. It just makes you go hmmmmmm....(n).

Reactions: unit_399
There are several possible reasons why these are going so cheap. Newer models go up to 520 Mhz, so they are last year's model. Who knows, maybe they are from a container that was unclaimed freight or had been damaged in shipment, and were auctioned off by the insurance company. A lot of manufacturers overbuild things expecting big orders, and when they don't come they end up dumping them on the surplus market. There are a lot of legit reasons for the low pricing.

BTW - the "only one left" thing is just an inducement for people who are sitting on the fence to make the decision to buy. Four months ago I bought a set of fender flares for my truck from a seller in Thailand. The ad said only one left. He is still selling them and still says only one left.:whistle:

Last edited:
Reactions: Captain Kilowatt
Several of us did order, who will be the first to get theirs.
If shipped out of Toronto, I should see my order next week. Maybe even by Friday.
crossed-fingers-thumb.jpg

Reactions: binrat
There is no programming cable included. I had to order that from somebody else for $8. What a ripoff!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?