• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wow! Dual band Chinese mobile - KT-8900 - $15CAN!!

I thought this was a China seller. I finally looked at the listing, and the guy is in Toronto. Checked his Ebay history, and he has only been a member since last Sunday.His sales history is (0) ZERO. The listing ended on Monday.I suspect he copied another seller's listing and relisted it under his own name. I think he was hoping that people would buy it using credit cards so he could get their info. The reason he is refusing the payments is because it was the credit card info he wanted, not the $$$. Besides, if you scam PAYPAL, they WILL find you.
Before buying anything on Ebay that looks to good to be true, always check out the seller's history and feedback. ANYONE WHO ORDERED USING THEIR CREDIT CARD FOR THE PURCHASE, SHOULD BLOCK THE CARD IMMEDIATELY !!!

EDIT: Checked Ebay for similar listings and found this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dual-Band-1...018855?hash=item2a8ef49067:g:YW4AAOSw1HxZyGfY

The seller is also in Canada, and joined Ebay last Sunday too. This is a scam through and through. If you ordered one of these, I would report these scammers to ebay asap.

Last edited:
No yellow flags on my pay pal yet, and ebay shows I have to wait to see if it ships. Not that any of this means anything other than we are all gamblers.
Although your status looks good and appears as it should, mine contained irregularities. I went to PayPal and flagged my transactions as suspicious. They immediately refunded me.
paypalstatus31506648825.jpg

This is my PayPal status.

Sep252017
eBay - montoyja_0Pay After Delivery (Oct 9, 2017)
Loading transaction details for eBay - montoyja_0 Pay After Delivery (Oct 9, 2017)
- negative $15.99 CAD hasn't accepted yet. Cancel Pay Now

I thought this was a China seller. I finally looked at the listing, and the guy is in Toronto. Checked his Ebay history, and he has only been a member since last Sunday.His sales history is (0) ZERO. The listing ended on Monday.I suspect he copied another seller's listing and relisted it under his own name. I think he was hoping that people would buy it using credit cards so he could get their info. The reason he is refusing the payments is because it was the credit card info he wanted, not the $$$. Besides, if you scam PAYPAL, they WILL find you.
Before buying anything on Ebay that looks to good to be true, always check out the seller's history and feedback. ANYONE WHO ORDERED USING THEIR CREDIT CARD FOR THE PURCHASE, SHOULD BLOCK THE CARD IMMEDIATELY !!!

EDIT: Checked Ebay for similar listings and found this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dual-Band-1...018855?hash=item2a8ef49067:g:YW4AAOSw1HxZyGfY

The seller is also in Canada, and joined Ebay last Sunday too. This is a scam through and through. If you ordered one of these, I would report these scammers to ebay asap.

How/Who are they to get an entire card number through paypal? :confused:
I tend to see the last four digits on my payment history, though I've never accepted paypal payment before, I assume they don't just hand out your detailed information.. That would leave them liable for lawsuits, not something a money making operation would just "leave to chance"..

I don't understand the angle of the scam, what is this "seller" waiting for? Maybe 100's of "on stand-by" purchases, and then ring them up all at once? Sigh, maybe he cannot buy the freight container (or ship out the goods) until he has a few thousand fish on the line.. He probably cannot afford to sell the units at this price unless he has many many orders lined up, but I don't know..

Last edited:
Reactions: Tallman
How/Who are they to get an entire card number through paypal? .

Read my post again. I didn't say they could get your credit card info from Paypal. I said, " I think he was hoping that people would buy it using credit cards so he could get their info."

When you purchase on ebay, you can use Paypal or have it billed directly to your credit card. To do this you have to give the seller your card number, exp date, and 3-digit code. THIS is the info they want, and they cannot get it thru PAYPAL, which is the reason they are not accepting PAYPAL payment. Personally, I think anyone putting their credit card info online is an idiot.

Read my post again. I didn't say they could get your credit card info from Paypal. I said, " I think he was hoping that people would buy it using credit cards so he could get their info."

When you purchase on ebay, you can use Paypal or have it billed directly to your credit card. To do this you have to give the seller your card number, exp date, and 3-digit code. THIS is the info they want, and they cannot get it thru PAYPAL, which is the reason they are not accepting PAYPAL payment. Personally, I think anyone putting their credit card info online is an idiot.

Even better you can use the pay after delivery option. PayPal pays the seller as soon as the order is placed and does not charge you until you approve the transaction. If the product is not as advertised file a complaint and they have to go after their money, not yours.

Even better you can use the pay after delivery option. PayPal pays the seller as soon as the order is placed and does not charge you until you approve the transaction. If the product is not as advertised file a complaint and they have to go after their money, not yours.
Hmm, I've never used that option. It's worth it.

I don't see that option in Paypal???

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.