• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wow, this is nuts

Not only the crazy price but the fact that he lists it as "channelled" and the hammies have not turned him in yet.

I see that kind of thing often , they do sell . IM a Garcia Mitchell spinning reel collector , most go for a fairly decent price , even mint in the box can be more then fair , there's a few models that will pull more but basically they all draw the same , there's a 402 High Speed Ultra light that goes for maybe 150.00 mint in the box tops , saw one go for over 600.00 once !! I even asked the buyer why he was spending so much for something that usually goes for 150.00 ? He told me that it didn't matter to him and that it was basically none of my business. All's I have to say to that is ......He was right ! The bottom line here is that there's millions of people in this world that have money to burn because Lord knows they have a lot of it. And what seems to be a lot to me , ain't noth'in to somebody else. Such is life , but in return , somebody else hits the jack pot so to speak on there item. If it was my radio on Ebay , I'd gladly take the money. But then again , were talking about Ebay , and not everything is always as it seems. ;)

I like the old Garcia reels as well, having two of the 300 model and one of the 3000 model. I find tham at garage sales or tossed out at the curb on garbage night!

As for that Galaxy on eBay, I would wonder if the FCC keeps tabs on people like that seller? He at least better be FCC licensed to be making those alterations... but that's only the half of it!

A Galaxy 959 is a decent radio and all but even with the mods a new Galaxy 94 will smoke that radio every which way and save the buyer 100 bucks. Un real.

That guy has been selling radios like that for awhile now.
He always gets top dollar for them.

The 959 is a CB radio , there's nothing to report here that I can think of ? Doesn't look like he's writting numbers down either. I say more power to the guy !! Just because he's making some money off his radios doesn't make him a bad guy , if anyone wanted to give me that kind of cash for my stuff ? You better believe I'd be taking the money ! You don't want the radio ? Don't buy it ! He's sold many like this according to his 100% feedback. Don't look like anybody else is complaining. How is it highway robbery on his part if others are willing to pay the price ? Yes , I would not pay half of 400.00 for one of those , but somebody else is willing to do so. So What !! as I said before , if people are not willing to do there homework on this kind of stuff , that pretty much makes them willing to pay whatever they feel the need to pay for it,and like I said, there's a lot of people in this world that have 100 times more money then I or you may have and it ain't no big deal to them. I can see where this could be an eye opener for many but not for all. I only wish I could do so well with my stuff , and like I said , Ebay isn't always what it appears to be.

any C.B. radio sold on ebay should meet all FCC LAWS. no echo allowed no more than 3 watts transmit power ..i would buy a 98vp for that money o well theres my 2 cents ..

I sent him a message and even though it's crazy, hey, more power to him. He said the same thing, sometimes he makes alittle and sometimes he hits the mother load.

Whats funny now is some of the posts here complaining about whats legal and not. Come on people, most every radio we all run here is illegal. Some of you are even selling or have sold exports and amplifiers here in the sales section. Again I say good for you. Ebay has really hit the Texas Star and RCI name hard on auctions. I think this one slides by because it's a legal model number.

johnecashflo, so let me get this straight, you think everyone should comply to FCC rules.......except you with your illegal Galaxy 98vp? Did I understand your post right? By the way, it's 4 watts not 3.

My point was that he listed it as "channelled" and the Ebay Nazis didn't catch it and report it. I could care less what somebody else sells. I just couldn't believe his auction did not get pulled.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.