• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

WTB: Astatic d104 m6b

radioman24

Jul 19, 2009
I am looking for an older model astatic d104 m6b mic not the newer ones that have the astatic log on on a sticker and made in china but more of a engraving of the logo pm me if you might have one for me

if you can get a 575 thats the way to go .while the d104m6b is a good mic and i have used them for years ,i get tired of the key issues.seems they only last maybe a year then the key gets scratchy ad no matter how many times you clean it ,it returns in short order.

i never had a 575 with that problem ,and the keyer is much longer on the 575 and makes it easier to hold a key .holding that little button in on the m6b can get tiring .
other than those issues they are good mics ,but i try to get good 575`s now

good luck man ..i know what you mean about the older ones ..those are the ones i would always buy too.

i think you might mean the tmd107,those are engraved ,but they take a 7 volt round battery.

For some reason Ive noticed the new Astatics M6B with the red and blue sticker logo are not the same sounding as my older ones I was just thinking about that because I was digging around and found some brandnew astatic handhelds in the boxes I forgot I had I opened the M6B box and its one of the older black label ones I was glad to see that.

I know these newer ones most of the time need resistor changes to get the right sound. Kinda funny how these things have changed over the years from the first generation Minuteman D104 to these last couple generations.

I think what you may be looking for is the D104M6 (no "B' or "C" suffix). They were sold as the Minuteman I & II. They had a dark green or black back and a chrome front with Astatic embossed below the microphone screen.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.