• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

WTB: linear

i have a 60 amp switching power supply that runs at about 12.9 volts im thinking mobile transistor some times Tubes are a risky game.
Okay so you want a base amp then? Tube amplifiers have a power supply built in.
What kind of radio are you running.

not saying that worried about the things getting broken in shipping
If the seller knows any thing at all the tubes are removed and wrapped in multiple layers of news paper and then in with packing peanuts in a different box from the amp. I received an amp that had been shipped with tubes in placed. It had been dropped and the chassis was bent badly. Took it all apart and straightened the base plate replaced the tubes and it works fine. I have about 25 hours of labor in it.

Last edited:
The only tubes I'm hesitant to ship are the 3-500z and similar. The anode is so heavy it will break the glass if dropped. I've had one from rf parts arrive broken with no damage to the box.

Reactions: Tallman

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?