• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

WTB : Old 23 Channel SSB Radios

Raccoon

Oct 27, 2005
www.youtube.com
Hi everyone ,
I'm not new to the group , but it has been awhile since I've posted ... I read more than I post . I like the old 23 channel Single Sideband Radios , and I've been looking to add some to the few that I have . I've been looking on ebay , but I think some of those guys have lost their minds . Especially since I don't dare to buy a radio there anymore to begin with . I've definitely been burned by ebay sellers more than once .

Anyway , I'm looking for older 23 channel **Single Sideband** radios , that are working ... and fairly reasonably priced ... after all , they are 40 plus year old solid state equipment ... and some tube .

I don't buy and sell . I buy them ... keep them , use them , and add them to my collection .

So please send me a private message if you have any that you might be willing to part with .

I no doubt have some likely. What preferences do you have in brands or base or mobile or just what you said, kinda open as long as they work decent ?

73, Retro

Reactions: 357magnum
I no doubt have some likely. What preferences do you have in brands or base or mobile or just what you said, kinda open as long as they work decent ?

73, Retro
I like base and mobile , so that doesn't matter . There are a few brands I like , like Browning for example . But for the most part it doesn't matter . I just like older SSB radios .

Reactions: 357magnum
As someone has pointed out to me . I said 23 channel , but I don't mind 40 channel either . I just want the radios to be from the 70s and early 80s era with SSB .

Okay sir, wow didn't get notified of these new messages. I'll start a conversation with you next to make this easier likely.

73's

Retro , I replied to your message .

w9cll ... I've always been amazed at how something could sit that many years , and never get used . I'm not saying you're wrong ... I just can't help but wonder why people buy something like that , and then never use it ... not to mention anyone else that might have bought it and then did the same thing ... lol

I have a Dwight D that was the same way . New in it's box , never used . Until I bought it ... lol . It even still smelled brand new when I opened it .

w9cll ... I've always been amazed at how something could sit that many years , and never get used . I'm not saying you're wrong ... I just can't help but wonder why people buy something like that , and then never use it ... not to mention anyone else that might have bought it and then did the same thing ... lol
I know it's never been used because I am the original owner. I bought it new in 1975 I believe and never used it. It's still wrapped in plastic. I bought two of these at the same time, used one and kept the other as a backup hence it never being used.

Reactions: NZ8N

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.