• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

WTB: old school 3 pin power jacks (panel mount)

groundwire

Jul 19, 2014
I am looking for the three pin dc power jacks that go on cb radios. I want the old style with solder cups, not these new cheap all plastic ones with the bars in the back to solder on. I need 2 or 3 of them. Paypal, thanks guys......

Reactions: groundwire
An Ebay search for the old Workman stock number "CBJ3B" turned up seven or eight sources.

Thats the garbage i dont want. I bought a couple already and those barbells you have to solder too are so thick you have to practically overheat the thing for the solder to stick and even then the connection is sub par, also the plug fits very loose into it. I can wiggle the plug out with 2 motions. Thanks for the help but that style is complete garbage

ooops, I didn't see they were out of stock on the first look. I needed a couple and got one from a parts radio, and one of the plastic ones that seem to be the only option around at this time.
Sorry bout that, was too late to change the orig post.
Those are the real deal, cant find them anywhere new or nos. I dont think they make them anymore. Thanks for the help

Reactions: Enterprise312ok
I never had a real problem soldering the wrap around post type. Experience in knowing the amount of necessary heat involved, plus the use of an appropriate solder has long since solved that issue for me. Other than robbing them from a parts radio, my problem is I haven’t found a source for those ground terminal brackets that attach on the backside of these. The original bypass cap bracket on the radio doesn’t always fit these new jacks. It would have been great if they sold that bracket along with them. I also found that most fitting issues involve the plug, not the jack. The factory molded rubber ones are often too tight. Some of them threaten to crack the jack before they're removed. I prefer the hard plastic type plug that you can take apart so that you can solder your own cord of choice.

Two choices with plugs that fit too loose, either try to match it up with another brand or slightly compress each female pin.

Reactions: Holydvr

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated