• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

WTB - QUALITY power mic

Right now I am using an old Cobra Dynamike Plus on my Texas Ranger 696 FD1. Amazing that the 7.5 volt camera battery still has a charge. Really, they clearly do not make them like they used too. Battery is probably from 1988. I get really positive reports back as compared to the coffin mic I was using.

Reactions: Smokinone
The DELTA M2 is a base mic only I use one on my 6666 and as soon as I get the adapter it,s going on the N2 . They say it work,s great on the 6666 .
I'll 2nd the Delta M2 if he is looking for a good power mic in base form so to speak, quality and great sounding mic that I have hooked up to my Ranger 2995, nothing but great audio reports from other operators out there, would highly recommend it,hope it helps!!

What radios have you tried it with? I'm curious as to how I'd does with the quad 6.
I have only tried it with a President Ronald so far.

Here is a video where Scott tests out the KPO with some different mics.

I also bought a Zetagi base mic that does really well too. I do not see them currently on his website though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eldorado828
Hmmmmm..........I got some mics back from Chris Holland a few weeks ago, tried a couple of them (EC-2018 and DM-452)out yesterday on the RCI 6300F150. W/o a monitor radio, I resorted to headphones in the speaker jack and a bit of talkback. Not sure if they're wired wrong or what the deal is, but horrible feedback when keyed. Long story short, I'm done messing around with mics, I have a couple of 636L, two og RK-56 and an SRA-198, everything else must go........

2 x DM-452 (fresh from CH)
EC-2018 (fresh from CH)
2 x Turner (M+3B & 70J)
Trucker II
+ various others.

Who wants to make a deal on this box o' mics ?

Todd
415-559-5207 (text only)

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated