• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

WTB Ranger RHF-618

Yea keep an eye on eBay. I’ve seen one in 2 years. Caught me at a bad time or I’d have bought it. Good luck OP.

Yes saw the ebay one in the UK closed earlier this week but I was on the trail of a new one so gave it a miss.
Oh well I will keep looking, used is looking like the best option hence the post on here.

Yes saw the ebay one in the UK closed earlier this week but I was on the trail of a new one so gave it a miss.
Oh well I will keep looking, used is looking like the best option hence the post on here.
For what they are going for used you could get a decent ham rig.

So true, a nice icom 718 would be very nice indeed and likely cheaper now but I like the direct simplicity of the RHF 618 , wont say its dumbed down but with some modern ham gear they have so many functions that you never get to use them and to make so many functions available simplicity of use gets lost in the quest for the "do everything" aspects.

Most of those functions are needed or used on amateur bands though, whereas you wouldn’t have any need for them on CB.

I too like it and want one but W9’s dead right about getting more radio for your dollar, can’t argue that.

What really surprises me the most is the short period these were available for, obviously the sales figures weren't there to support the production.

Perhaps the target market were scared off by the touch screen? or perhaps the target market is not very adventurous in their tastes preferring bigger base stations as are current from the main players before and after the release of the 618.

From what I have read on the inter-toobs (yeah, I know it is all true), the software/firmware was more than a bit unreliable. And seeing that 99% of radios of a certain type are manufactured by ChingChong in China, it is no wonder there were little, if any, that made it into the hands of a consumer.

I also doubt a plain English owner's manual existed.

Pg. 1 of the owner's manual:

Wecome Ranger RHF-618!
You are be mocking firmwares next moon....
Hopefurry.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated