• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wtb whiteface johnson

Jan 7, 2018
Hello first post for me, looking for a nice whiteface. Prefer to have the original mic and with no issues. Looking to set up an old school cb rig just for fun and had a whiteface when I was little.

b97sap.jpg

Reactions: 357magnum and Rwb

If you wanted a particular car model from 1964 you would find that they come in two varieties.

"Original", meaning that with all that original rubber, hoses, belts, gaskets and seals that there isn't a prayer you can drive it even if it was kept out of the rain. This tends to be the cheaper option.

"Restored", meaning that the last 55 years' maintenance has been done, and it should be reliable when you get in to start it and drive somewhere. The seller will want a much-higher price for one of these.

A 55 year-old radio also tends to fall into one category or the other.

Finding one that will be reliable for a reasonable price will be like finding that restored car for the price of a barn find.

Odds are that you'll end up being the one to spend the money to restore one of these if you really want to use it. 50 year-old radios that need to be restored are more plentiful that radios that don't need it.

A seller who spent that money will want a high price so he can get that investment back.

Best of luck and 73

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.