• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

WTB

murdog

May 25, 2008
looking for male side main power plug for an icom m-600 which is the standard six hole four pin.
thanx

You want a standard six pin Molex power connector. Mouser should have them by the bucket load or Part's Express or even Radio Shack used to sell them. May still do. Power Werx has them as well. Since you want the MALE connector I assume you want to replace the chassis connector in the radio? Female connectors are used on the power cord.

HF6SOC_xlrg.jpg

http://www.powerwerx.com/oem-connectors/hf-6-pin-connector-chassis-mounting.html

http://www.parts-express.com/molex-6-pin-connector-kit-0093-2-sets--092-560

I am confused. You asked for the MALE connector but you seem to want a power cord which has the FEMALE plug on it. So were you looking for the power cord or the MALE plug that is mounted on the rear panel of the radio?
I am looking for the male side of the connector ,,,kinda simple if the power cord is with it all the better .
thanx

Isn't the male connector mounted on the radio chassis? They usually are. The female connector is usually on the power cord. It reduces the possibility of the power cord having exposed pins and shorting out against something when it is laying loose.

Isn't the male connector mounted on the radio chassis? They usually are. The female connector is usually on the power cord. It reduces the possibility of the power cord having exposed pins and shorting out against something when it is laying loose.
I have always figured the other way around ...? you might be right I am looking for the connector on the cord for my icom m-600 .

Well I just checked my Yaesu cable, which is the same as Icom. I know that because I used the cable from my old Icom IC-735 on my Yaesu FT-857 in another vehicle installation. The power cord does indeed have a FEMALE plug on the end. The MALE plug is on the radio.

This leads me to ask once again,what are you looking for? A power cord or the chassis jack?

images

old fireman joke about fire hoses,.......... never send a woman to do a mans job
Well I just checked my Yaesu cable, which is the same as Icom. I know that because I used the cable from my old Icom IC-735 on my Yaesu FT-857 in another vehicle installation. The power cord does indeed have a FEMALE plug on the end. The MALE plug is on the radio.

This leads me to ask once again,what are you looking for? A power cord or the chassis jack?
Ok well looking for the a power cord .....thanx for clearing things up .Guess will have to call Vancouver and see if I can find one there .
ThanQ all .
Mur

OK. See the confusion? You were asking for a male end which would indicate that you wanted the male plug that is mounted on the rear chassis of the radio. The power cord has a female plug on the end. Instead of asking for a male end it would have been MUCH better and clearer if you had simply asked for a power cord to fit that radio. The power cord that tallman noted above would work. I was just wanting clarification so you didn't end up ordering/buying the wrong thing. Although rare I have seen where the chassis jack has had to be replaced because of damage caused by the cord being yanked too hard.
Another place to get one is:

http://www.rfguys.com/product/icom-...c-m810-hf-ssb-marine-radio-power-cable-opc-77

OK. See the confusion? You were asking for a male end which would indicate that you wanted the male plug that is mounted on the rear chassis of the radio. The power cord has a female plug on the end. Instead of asking for a male end it would have been MUCH better and clearer if you had simply asked for a power cord to fit that radio. The power cord that tallman noted above would work. I was just wanting clarification so you didn't end up ordering/buying the wrong thing. Although rare I have seen where the chassis jack has had to be replaced because of damage caused by the cord being yanked too hard.
Another place to get one is:

http://www.rfguys.com/product/icom-...c-m810-hf-ssb-marine-radio-power-cable-opc-77
Thanx Captian K

Thanx Captian K
Captian K ,
Can I ask how the homebrew linear is coming along ? I have one on the go as well RF deck is finished just working on power supply ....taking my time don`t now much about it all two years off and on have built a home brew tuner to go with it .
Murray

Homebrew linear? (n) Which one? :confused: Oh my...I had a couple threads a long time ago about building one but they both were set aside because of a change of plans. If you meant the pair of 4CX250B's for 2m, not going to happen. At least for a while. Looking at using some MRF151G's that I have on hand. In any event an amp for 2m is a long way down the road. If you meant the four x 572B amp that, was nixed before it got much past the planning stage. If you meant the Larcan television module for 6m, well it is working and makes an easy 1000 watts out with about 7 watts of drive but needs to have RF switching added and metering added as well. I had to change plans yet again because I decided the cabinet it was going to go into was better suited for an HF amp. The past two years have been extremely busy for me for a variety of reasons and things just never seemed to get finished. On that note however the 6m Larcan amp will see action on the air next Es season in the spring, the 2m amp is delayed indefinitely pending a switch to solid state and becoming a very low priority (I need my 2m yagis installed first anyway) and the HF amp WILL be started later this fall/winter however it is of a completely different design than anything I have mentioned here before. Since I want to have all my ducks in a row before I get started and document things as I go I will not reveal my plans for it yet however I will say it uses a single tube and is quite capable of loafing along at my Canadian legal limit of 2250 watts pep. :)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.