• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

wtd. mods for midland 7001. non fm model.

wldls1

Jun 25, 2008
hi all. im. im looking for any mods for the midland 7001. its from the usa.
its a non fm model.
thanks guys.

Hiya mate,

Here's a few mods I have jotted down in my files, you didn't specify if it's an early or late model, so I will give you mods for both.

Midland 7001 (late): L38, L37, L27, VR5-AMC, VR10-AM PWR, VR6-ALC

Midland 7001 (early): L14, L16, RV9-AMC, RV8-ALC, RV1-AM PWR

If you have the early version, look at the PLL chip, if it's a uPD2816 or D2816, you can perform this channel mod. Isolate pin 9 from ground and connect a switch between pin 9 and pin 11. this will get you 26.510 to 26.950 for frequencies. You can also purchase a Galaxy "N" kit which will give you the upper band (27.425-28.045) for about $18.00 or so. Hope this helps you. Good luck!

-Exit

thanks for the info. i think its a late version as the chip is a D2824C and vr10 is am pwr. so i will have to pull the chip out and put a 2816 in place.
would you have any contact details for the galaxy kit?
also would you know if there is a mod for a 10kc switch?

Last edited:
Hey there,

Unfortunately, with either the D2824 or the D2816 chips, you can't modify their binary code without burning up the chip, so there's really not a way you can get a 10 kc mod done unless you can get the clarifier to slide -10 kc's or more to "slide" into the frequencies. Perhaps someone else out there may have a 10 kc mod, but as far as I'm aware, attempting to mod the PLL chip for a 10 kc jump would pop the chip.

Here's where you need to go for the Galaxy "N" kit, I bought two of these from this guy, and they were perfect. If you have questions on how to wire it in, you can contact him and he can help you, or I might be able to do so also.

http://cgi.ebay.com/This-is-Galaxy-...ryZ48696QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Check out that link, $18.00 delivered to your door is a darn good buy. Hope all this info helps!

Oh, and if you use a Galaxy "N" kit, you won't need to do a chipswitch to the D2816 chip...you can just leave the D2824 chip in.

-Exit

thanks so much for your help and the info. just ordered a galxay kit. see how we go.
again thankyou so much.
Alan.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.