• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

WTF Ebay?

They added a special discussion forum for the upcoming changes to be discusses with a dozen or so topics. The FVF/shipping thread was renamed/cleaned out twice and then shut down, lol.

They added a special discussion forum for the upcoming changes to be discusses with a dozen or so topics. The FVF/shipping thread was renamed/cleaned out twice and then shut down, lol.

Meh....ebay "Community Discussion Forums" HA !! Bigger joke than c.b.r.t.

ebay doesn't like criticism very much do they? :whistle:

Bad idea trying to beg the buyer to buy insurance.

When I sell on eBay, the shipping price I quote always includes insurance. And I can't tell you the number of people who try and get me to drop it to save them some money, but I always refuse. In fact, after I get one of those I usually add that user to the Prohibited Bidders list because I know they're going to cause trouble.

As a seller, it's your responsibility to get the item into the buyer's hands. The buyer has absolutely no control over how or when the item gets shipped, so the whole "Hey, I shipped it so it's the buyer's problem now" routine doesn't work. eBay and Paypal agree and will yank the money out of your account when the buyer claims he never received it.

The reason I stick people who don't want to pay insurance into the Prohibited Bidders list is these are the crooks who will take your stuff then claim they never received it to get a refund. I've seen it happen many times. At least with insurance, when one of these scumbags tries to cheat you, eventually you'll get your money back from USPS/UPS/whatever.

So remember, shipping insurance is not for the buyer - it protects the seller. And as a seller if you willingly waive the insurance and choose to run naked and unprotected, then don't whine and cry when a dishonest eBay buyer cheats you. Because you were stupid and got what you deserve.

This sounds exactly what obama is doing with healt care.

Ebay really sucks big time.

So let's see...as a seller I can no longer leave bad f/b when someone doesn't pay up...but they can leave me bad f/b regardless if I send them a bar of gold or not.

And then Paypal, which is owned by Ebay, will automatically side with the buyer and not the seller, if a buyer decides to tell Ebay I never sent his item, despite me doing so. Even better Paypal and Ebay send an automatic refund to the buyer.

To add insult to injury, Ebay basically made a rule that from now on, if you wanted to buy an item off Ebay, you must pay for it via Paypal. So they can make more money off of you of course.

So to sum it up, I list an item, someone buys it, they pay up via Paypal, I pack it up carefully and ship it to them...then in a few days I get notified the buyer has claimed a refund...no explanation or reason why....meanwhile the buyer keeps my item and on top of that has the authority to tarnish my feedback rating...leaving me not only with bad feedback (despite me doing everything to my utmost ability on my behalf) but also negavie how ever much they took from me plus negative my item sold. That's 3 strikes against the good guy.

Now Ebay decides to do this.

Oh and last but not least, Ebay now allows all businesses to post all their crap online....meaning you have to sift thru countless ads for new or used stuff....remember when Ebay was like a big garage sale on the internet? And you could actually find hard to find items. But of course on the other end of the stick, this is probably the only way Ebay stays in business.

No wonder no one wants to sell on Ebay anymore. It's totally not even worth it. Except to big businesses that need a method to advertise their products to the masses.

I owe them $143 right now, and $22 of that is from a guy who hasn't paid for an auction that ended the 13th.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated