• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

WTH IS THIS 5/8

The footprint for a inverted V is just to big for any of my QTH's. I suspect it will offer zero performance benefits over a 5/8 GM and quite possibly perform worse.

"considering a useful take-off angle of 40 degrees above the horizon"

Great for summer sporadic E up to 1,500 miles or so... probably not so good for speaking to someone on the other side of the planet on 11m at least.

The footprint for a inverted V is just to big for any of my QTH's. I suspect it will offer zero performance benefits over a 5/8 GM and quite possibly perform worse.

"considering a useful take-off angle of 40 degrees above the horizon"

Great for summer sporadic E up to 1,500 miles or so... probably not so good for speaking to someone on the other side of the planet on 11m at least.

What about a vertical 'Mono-Quad'? (Looks like a rectangle, 13' 5" X 59")

Take the full-wave wire length, (1005 ÷ 27.2mhz = 443 3/8") divide by 7.5, then you have the 'one', multiply that 'one' by 2.75 and you have the height of the center-fed vertical side, identical to the other side except only one side is fed (at the center) then those two sides are connected by the 'one' across both the top & bottom (about 59") - which is supposed to provide close to a 1:1 swr with the gain, TOA & noise reduction of a semi-omni full wave closed loop, though I can't say for certain since I haven't built one yet... o_O

You might have to shorten the wire length to get a flat swr, depending on the velocity factor of the wire.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.