• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

X Pander boards. has any one tried them

sonoma

Sep 14, 2005
oklahoma
I bought 5 X Pander boards that are new old stock for adding channels to some 23 channel radios. I have never seen them before and ordered 5 of them from a guy on Ebay. it does not show what radios it will work on. at least not what he posted showing any radio info.

has any one tried these since they are very old. I have a few old 23 channel radios that I have kept over the years. just not sure what radios they will fit. I tried searching for any info on them and nothing has shown up so far. just seeing if any of you old timers like me ever used them or even know what radios they will fit. it shows pulling a TX and RX crystal to use the board. here is the link to them. maybe some one here has seen them .

https://www.ebay.com/itm/X-Pander-CB-Radio-Expansion-Kit-23-channels-NOS-Rare-LOT-OF-5-UNITS/133035589928?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

The 23-channel Cobra 29 is the one radio I remember that has the correct two crystals that match this gadget.

It simply has a switch and a pair of upper-channel crystals that get substituted for the two stock 23-channel crystals.

There were other radios that used the 11.275 MHz transmit crystal and 11.73 MHz receive crystal.

Just don't remember which ones did.

Thanks Nomad, I have a 23 channel cobra 29 so when they come in I will check it out. I have had this radio for many years now. it still works just fine. may have to recap it if I can put this kit in it.
Sonoma

he pulled all of his items he had for sale cheap. he told me they were not selling so he took them off and is putting up some other items that he hopes will sell. he said the old stuff he had he is crushing and going to sell as scrap since no one wants to pay for them on ebay.
if you think about it he had 5 of the xpander kits for 10.00 shipped. it cost him more than that to ship them. he said he lost money on them with ebay fees and the shipping cost. he only sold 3 sets of them and went into the hole actually costing him more than 10.00 for each lot just for shipping and ebay fees.
I know when he 1st put them on ebay a while back he wanted 39.99 for one xpander and I did not touch them at that price.. when he put them on cheap I grabbed one of them. just waiting for them to get here.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.