• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

X1M QRP Transceiver

Railham

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Jul 17, 2009
Florida
Just browsing the wouxun.us site and seen this.
X1M.jpg

X1M multiband qrp transceiver
* Transmits on ALL Ham Bands,
Plus 5 Ham Bands are configured separately with additional filtering

Band 1: 3.5 ~ 3.9 MHz
Band 2: 7.0 ~ 7.15 MHz
Band 3: 14.0 ~ 14.5 MHz
Band 4: 21.0 ~ 21.45 MHz
Band 5: 28.0 ~ 29.7 MHz

Receiving sensitivity: better than 0.45uV,
RF output power: ≥ 4.5W
Frequency stability: better than 0.5ppm
Frequency accuracy: better than 0.5ppm
Operating voltage: 12.0 ~ 14.0V DC
Receiver Standby Current: 0.5A
Emission current: 1.5A Max

Frequency range RX & TX: 0.1 ~ 30 MHz*
Modes: USB & LSB & CW
Power output: 5 Watts
Operating voltage: 12 ~ 14.5 vdc
Operating current: 0.35 ~ 1.2 amp
Receiver Preamplifier: Yes
Memory Channels: 100
RIT Function: Yes
Automatic Internal CW Keyer: Yes
Backlight On/Off: Yes
Keyboard lock: Yes
Dimensions: 3-13/16 x 1-9/16 x 6-1/8 inches
Weight: 0.65 kg ~ 1.43 lbs
PTT Microphone: Included

Reactions: 1 person

I believe someone already posted about this radio. Seems too good to be true so I'll wait for the revues and bugs to be worked out of it before I consider a buy.

X1M

I joined the yahoo group on these radios, apparently none as of this day are not in this country, they expect them first of MAY in that week, only people who have them are the CHINESE boys and a vk station, although they are positive about them, waiting on US reviews in MAY..I will report anything else I see on them..
DOCTOR

Reactions: 1 person
Ah! So the completed kits on eBay were like pre orders or something. Guess I didn't read the listings that close.

I would like to try one. I've already been thru the QRP phase, but these do look kinda cool.

Just like the new Ten Tec QRP, no 12 meter :thumbdown:

It has 12 meters. It is wide open. That's just the token band segments that are selectable thru the menu. Probably done that way to make certain governments happy. But anyways, it's got wide open transmit including CB and freeband goodness.

Edit: I just saw that little asterisk. Maybe it doesn't have all the goodness.

I was reading some info on this unit. It sounds like the 5 listed bands have additional filtering and are push button selectable. It also states that the other HF bands are accessed via the VFO. It may very well have 12 meters and more, just not with filtering. I guess I'll have to wait and see what exactly this thing will do. I noticed the receive standby has a 500 milliamp draw.

Last edited:
Got an email from Ed. He says it's continuous transmit. It just has the added benefit of quickly accessed band segments with filtering to choose from.

So, according to Ed, it seems it HAS the extra goodness.

Bet these will be flying off the table at Dayton. I predict loud grumblings from the curmudgeons as well.

X1M

I noticed they have an amp also mxp50a..5 in..50 to 60 out, no reviews yet but I just noticed some op in EUROPE has one now and a review is written on FACEBOOK, which I do not indulge in....but the only place that sells these are kight radio, and by the notations on the web they do not answer their e mails or phones so far....

Some diehard hams crying they are cb amps, they must be locked in with their electronics view, cb amps have been for sale for many years just called cw transmitters.....

Yep DAYTON..those transceivers will sell like rabbits breeding......then reviews should begin.

.................................................................................

Wait and see...

DOCTOR

X1M/VIDEO<NEW>

HI GUYS
Just got a review on video of the transceiver, not a lot explained but by an AMERICAN station...thumbs up..

X1M_QRP-Transceiver] Digest Number 23‏

Hopefully this page will come up, it is from the YAHOO GROUP for the rig.

DOCTOR

X1M/VIDEO<NEW>

Sorry guys, I cant get it to transfer...go to you tube and look for it
X1M 1-30 MHz SSB/CW QRP Transceiver from China by a ka9 station...or the yahoo group for it.

DOCTOR

x1m

GREAT, you did better than this old op....appreciate it.
I bet MAY will bring a bunch of reviews, waiting for them.

THANKS again

DOCTOR

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.